Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

We must have known about his knee problems, so maybe the delay on the medical is just being more thorough than with a player without that history.

Fingers crossed.

Knowing about his knee is one thing but this is likely to be the first chance the medical team here have had of taking a proper look at it themselves.

"There is an issue about his medical, and there has been in the past.

"We've got to overcome those things, but hopefully he can join the club. I think he'll be a big success."

"He's a player that has a natural eye for a goal, my connections at West Ham are very good and I know everything about him.

"I'm pretty relaxed that he can be a success at Newcastle if we can get him but it's a big if at the moment because there are some big hurdles to get across."

The delay will probably be down to us trying to get him to sign a don't play, don't get paid contract

Sounds about right. His agent is probably going to tout him around in the hope some club will be desperate enough to forego that clause. Hopefully he'll still sign.

The delay will probably be down to us trying to get him to sign a don't play, don't get paid contract

Sounds about right. His agent is probably going to tout him around in the hope some club will be desperate enough to forego that clause. Hopefully he'll still sign.

Why is that more plausible than the medical issue that has been reported?

Why is that more plausible than the medical issue that has been reported?

I think we knew about his medical issues, now it's just a case of getting Ba to sign a deal which means he gets paid on appearances.

So the club have just cottoned on to his knee, unbelievable  :lol:

No, the club will have been aware he has problems with it but wont be able to assess it themselves until he comes for a medical.

I was just joking like.

Not even we are that bad surely?