Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Was always going to happen at some point given the clause and how well he's played. Better for both parties in the "long run". Short term there's the stress of hoping Cisse immediately starts banging them in. I think the way we can set the side up with attacking players either side Cisse we'll get goals. Atleast we'll see Cisse in his natural position now.

Lets get that striker in though, hope it's Remy.

Always shit to lose a proven goalscorer but the circus surrounding him had become disruptive and his insistence on playing centrally upset the balance of what was, last season, a very effective team.

I've no doubt Cisse can rediscover his scoring touch when playing centrally and if (and it's a big IF) we can sign a decent quality replacement we might actually come out of this transfer window in a stronger position. Over to you Dekka & Mike, please don't fuck this up!

Purple players lile Ba, have always been replaced with at least the same quality if not better.

Although we will miss his goals, It was always going to go this way. People forget that he did the same with Hoffe, West Ham and now us. As soon as more money was waved at him he was away.

Obviously, we dont want to lose players of Ba's talent but this really is the best solution all round considering the circumstances.

He's been touting himself around for 12 months and he's a potential firecracker in the dressing room, regardless of Pardew's nice quotes about him yesterday. He's also making Cisse's situation tricky, since Cisse isn't suited to that wide role.

At least we can wash our hands of the situation now, hopefully we can find a suitable replacement for him before the window closes and one who fits the team we have and doesn't have a release clause.

I know Remy's name has been mentioned countless times but expect Andy Carroll's name to dominate the back pages if Remy doesn't happen.

How can Chelsea get Ba and lose Sturridge and be in a net cash inflow position? Doesn't make sense. Bastards.

Last time it was us, replacing Carroll with Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux, Obertan and Cisse and still being well up in net cash :)

What's also quite interesting is that in January 2011 Torres left Liverpool for Chelsea for £50m and Carroll left us for Liverpool for £35m.  With Ba coming here for free and being seen as almost an after thought in the whole saga.  Now Ba could be going off to replace Torres and a backup player from Chelsea could be off to Liverpool to replace Carroll :lol:

Should be taking a look at Shane Long. Out of contract in 18 months so possible to get a good price and would fit in well

By the way, Mike and Dekka will still see this as 4m (or whatever the final slice) profit on him.

After what we paid him and his clowns to sign him + wages + the £2m he gets when he leaves is there any profit ?

How can Chelsea get Ba and lose Sturridge and be in a net cash inflow position? Doesn't make sense. Bastards.

Last time it was us, replacing Carroll with Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux, Obertan and Cisse and still being well up in net cash :)

What's also quite interesting is that in January 2011 Torres left Liverpool for Chelsea for £50m and Carroll left us for Liverpool for £35m.  With Ba coming here for free and being seen as almost an after thought in the whole saga.  Now Ba could be going off to replace Torres and a backup player from Chelsea could be off to Liverpool to replace Carroll :lol:

I don't think he's going there to replace Torres. He's an opportunistic replacement for Sturridge. Not to say he doesn't have what it takes to subvert him when he gets his chance, but I think their thinking is short term rotation option until they can get Falcao and Lukaku comes back next summer.

Should be taking a look at Shane Long. Out of contract in 18 months so possible to get a good price and would fit in well

He'd probably sooner sign a new contract than leave and come here.

By the way, Mike and Dekka will still see this as 4m (or whatever the final slice) profit on him.

After what we paid him and his clowns to sign him + wages + the £2m he gets when he leaves is there any profit ?

Depends on what the true fee is and his wages I suppose.  Also depends if you actually include wages in there since that's what the player is paid to do his job, and he's certainly done that since he's been here.

I don't think he's going there to replace Torres. He's an opportunistic replacement for Sturridge. Not to say he doesn't have what it takes to subvert him when he gets his chance, but I think their thinking is short term rotation option until they can get Falcao and Lukaku comes back next summer.

I agree, its just funny to think about the possibility.

Farewell Demba.

From the Ramadan flop to the post-Ramadan sensation. Your goals will always be appreciated. Can't fault your philosophy in life, but shame about your entourage - they're all cunts.

Not gonna be wishing good luck as I'm a bitter cunt myself.

Guest ItalianMagpie

What's the difference between what's happened today and what happened 3 days ago? Hadn't Ba already been granted the permission to speak to Chelsea, when the "unproductive talks" took place? If it's the same situation I can't see why now he's practically gone :neutral: