Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Other problem is now we need two strikers brought in.

Cisse and Ameobi are our only fully tested strikers.

We only have Xisco, Sammy, Campbell and Ranger if one or both of the above get injured.

Denzel Butcher.

And how the fack would you know? Did they call you and inform you of their fees like?

Obviously I don't know the exact details, I'm only going off the endless speculation in the papers about the various add ons. More to the point I'm simply saying it's far from a straightforward 7.5m transfer when everything is finally tallied up.

I don't have any problem with the situation to be honest, Ba or his agents. It's all part of the modern game. The only problem I'll have is if we don't bring in a solid replacement

So for the second year on the trot we are about to suffer the indignity of losing the leagues best centre forward in a chain created by the same 2 odious clubs Chelsea & Liverpool.  Their spoilt fans see unwavering investment on the field all the time year in year out.

Even Wigan & Reading have been quickly strengthening ahead of us since the window opened.

Wouldn't call Ba the best centre forward in the league like.

Neither Carroll.

I think people long for loyalty, it's part of the "romance" of the game.

The problem is that there aren't enough local players coming into their repective teams and the best ones get thrown stupid money at a young age.

I truly believe it will change someday and players will find loyalty towards their clubs again but we are a long way off that now.

In short, Ba has no reason to stick around.

No one is as loyal to a team or franchise than supporters or fans.  Not owners, administrators, managers or players.  It'a a job, career and/or way to make fame and fortune for them.  We invest our time, money and emotions to watch the players perform.  As I get older, I find myself rooting for the uniform more and individual players less.  Kind of sad, really, that we care so much about them and for the most part, those feeling are only briefly returned.

Other problem is now we need two strikers brought in.

Cisse and Ameobi are our only fully tested strikers.

We only have Xisco, Sammy, Campbell and Ranger if one or both of the above get injured.

Disagree.... if we stick to the 4-2-3-1 we have used since the Southampton defeat then it would make more sense IMO to buy a versatile forward like Remy who can play CF but also on the wings and a winger.

Not many teams have many CF's these days because most teams use a system with 1 striker up top so if we continue to use that system i fail to see how we need to buy 2 strikers.

So for the second year on the trot we are about to suffer the indignity of losing the leagues best centre forward in a chain created by the same 2 odious clubs Chelsea & Liverpool.  Their spoilt fans see unwavering investment on the field all the time year in year out.

Even Wigan & Reading have been quickly strengthening ahead of us since the window opened.

Carroll was the league's best centre forward?

Carroll was the league's best centre forward?

He was one of the most effective at that point.

I'm sad Ba has to go. No point being mad at board or Pardew really, we took a gamble on his fitness and his contract reflected that. He's the third top scorer in the league behind Van Persie and Rooney since joining us in 2011, and they both earn well over £100k so I can understand why he thinks he should be at one of the top 4 clubs and on higher money than we are prepared to offer.

Just be glad he was here and made us so happy with his goals. Seems like he scored more than Owen did in less than half the time.

Time to find a replacement to make that 4-3-3 a reality and let Cisse bang them in instead.

Good luck to the lad I say, he owes us nothing, we were not the only club lining up for him when he was available, if we didn't sign him another club would had gave him the platform.

Just hope we bring in a decent forward in place.

Onwards and upwards lads.

I'm amazed the deal looks like it may be happening on day 2 of the transfer window. Standard is normally 2 hours before it ends.

I'm comfortable that Cisse will score more and that we will get a replacement in for Ba within 2 weeks max.

Fuck, I've lost it.

:lol:

Hope the greedy cunt breaks both his legs.

Why does he deserve best wishes from us like?

:lol: Loving the contrast of avatar, quote and post.

Why not though? Why do we automatically have to hate someone if they leave the club? He did a great job for us, had no ties with the fans and now has a better offer. For a player who has a potentially career ending injury I can see why he's so motivated by money. But then the majority of footballers are. Just look at Wallcott.

Hope the greedy c*** breaks both his legs.

He helped take the club forwards, it's not his fault that others were unable to make the most of it.

Hope the greedy cunt breaks both his legs.

:lol: Loving the avatar and quote.

Why not though? Why do we automatically have to hate someone if they leave the club? He did a great job for us, had no ties with the fans and now has a better offer. For a player who has a potentially career ending injury I can see why he's so motivated by money. But then the majority of footballers are. Just look at Wallcott.

:thup:

One of the best in the league, can't exactly blame him if we weren't willing to pay the going rate. Let's hope it's an opportunity to balance the team a bit more and sign someone to play off Cisse or in a wider role. I have my doubts though, hope Shola hits a bit of form...