Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

So even if this was true (it's not) and we went into the rest of the season with Ba. We could potentially be seeing the same first 11 we had last season that was in relegation form. Not to mention the fact Pardew admitted after Ba left that he had given in to him too much and that the Ba - Cisse partnership simply didn't work.

Worked great with BA on the left.

Guest bimpy474

So even if this was true (it's not) and we went into the rest of the season with Ba. We could potentially be seeing the same first 11 we had last season that was in relegation form. Not to mention the fact Pardew admitted after Ba left that he had given in to him too much and that the Ba - Cisse partnership simply didn't work.

Basically yeah, Debuchy as RB aside.

Of the two bids, i think the Gomis one is the serious effort for some reason. Ba seems more like a token effort.

Or it might be a kick up the backside for Gomis/Lyon - get the deal done or we'll bring in Ba.

and as we saw last season, Ba simply won't play on the left. It's Cisse on the right or nothing and we can't go back to that. Don't know why I'm getting into this though because it's not going to happen but if by some miracle it did it would have to be Cisse benched and Ba on his own or Ba and Remy.

Guest bimpy474

Worked great with BA on the left.

We all know, Pardew knew but BA didn't want to play there anymore. So Pardew could keep the 4-3-3 and drop Ba. Or change the system to one that didn't work so Ba wouldn't sulk.

Guest bimpy474

Of the two bids, i think the Gomis one is the serious effort for some reason. Ba seems more like a token effort.

Or it might be a kick up the backside for Gomis/Lyon - get the deal done or we'll bring in Ba.

While possible i just dont think JFK and the rest of them are that clever.

Doubt Ba will want to come back here anyway. He seems pretty confident and committed to nicking a place at Chelsea regardless of the competition. And then you have a crap Torres in the equation and a chance to partner his idol if they sign Eto'o.

Doubt Ba will want to come back here anyway. He seems pretty confident and committed to nicking a place at Chelsea regardless of the competition. And then you have a crap Torres in the equation and a chance to partner his idol if they sign Eto'o.

He doesn't figure in Mourinho's plans. Is he going to get a look in ahead of Torres, Eto'o and Lukaku? I doubt it. Unless he gets a big money move in the next week, I think he'd come back no problem if we were genuinely interested.

He doesn't figure in Mourinho's plans. Is he going to get a look in ahead of Torres, Eto'o and Lukaku? I doubt it. Unless he gets a big money move in the next week, I think he'd come back no problem if we were genuinely interested.

He's one to fight for his place if that is what he wants. And there will surely be other options, some of which offering European football if he wants to leave.

He's one to fight for his place if that is what he wants. And there will surely be other options, some of which offering European football if he wants to leave.

If there are other options which are so attractive you'd think the deal would be more or less done by now. I've not heard anything concrete yet.

If there are other options which are so attractive you'd think the deal would be more or less done by now. I've not heard anything concrete yet.

Cos Chelsea wants to bring in Rooney or Eto'o before letting him go? Lots of things can happen once they sign someone and look to shift one of the 3. Not forgetting too that the Russian window closes at a later date to the rest of Europe.