Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

its not great timing with it happening at the very start of the season, that's for sure.

We've not done too badly tbf.

somehow despite a whole load of factors from crap pre season, not technically having a left back etc

It's a bit of a miracle isn't it? :lol:

I did discover a semi logical reasoning in that the teams we had were good teams to get, Arsenal; all over the place great time to play them, Sunderland; Bruce is clueless and Fulham suffer bad travel sickness

its not great timing with it happening at the very start of the season, that's for sure.

somehow despite a whole load of factors from crap pre season, not technically having a left back etc

I did discover a semi logical reasoning in that the teams we had were good teams to get, Arsenal; all over the place great time to play them, Sunderland; Bruce is clueless and Fulham suffer bad travel sickness

so a fortunate start, under-lined with some good planning from pardew and committed performances by the players. will it be capitalised on by some brave but considered investment, will it fuck.

True, we were lucky with Arsenal, but I expected a draw against Sunderland and Fulham tbh. The majority of the mackems players have played in the prem before, giving them an edge (or so I thought). For Fulham both teams played on thursday which negated our advantage a bit. But Timmy made a few good saves and Best showed some class so, happy days so far.

EDIT: Had we played the Arsenal team that Man U did we would have won though.

Can't fuck about now, he is our most talented forward and needs to be treated as such. I do have a lot of time for Best, think he is a good forward but if Shola or fucking Lovenkrands starts ahead of Ba someone wants shooting.

Can't fuck about now, he is our most talented forward and needs to be treated as such. I do have a lot of time for Best, think he is a good forward but if Shola or fucking Lovenkrands starts ahead of Ba someone wants shooting.

You'd be 2nd tbf

Totally agree. Run of games and I reckon he'll be solid enough. Plus the thought of Lovenkrands even being considered for selection makes me queasy.

As we're signing nowt up front i'd like to see how Marveaux would fair off the main striker with Arfa missing.

Tiote

Obertan    Cabaye      Jonas

Marveaux

Ba\Best

Hope you like pressure Demba lad.

Lot riding on this lad, let's hope he rises to it and becomes a star.

Just saw an interview with him on a PL program on ESPN. One question was if he feels pressure of replacing Carroll. He said no. Make of that what you will.

Guest Rainforest

Just saw an interview with him on a PL program on ESPN. One question was if he feels pressure of replacing Carroll. He said no. Make of that what you will.

Because he couldnt give two fucks either way :lol:

2 bad games and 1 decent cameo. Wow.

2 bad cameos tbh. 105 minutes in total.

Needs to be given a chance, tbf the majority were a lot more positive after his last outing. Just hope people go with the mindset of 'well we can't sign anyone else so go on Ba son' rather than 'you're our only hope, fucking play a blinder every day you cunt!'.

He has proven through his entire career that he is a born goalscorer and scored a lot of goals in a much worse side than us last season. Get behind him (including Pardew) and I am very, very confident he will be a success for us.

Because he couldnt give two fucks either way :lol:

I think his record for west ham indicates that he does give a little bit. Unless you think he's so good that he's able to score 7 goals in 12 games without trying much.