Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I really want to know when the penny is going to drop and the likes of the Ashley apologists will admit that they are in the wrong for the way he is running this circus , financially we are far better off than a few years ago but our transfer policy and recruitment is simply a joke .Howm many more lies are we going to get told by the main protaganists and the spin they give its simply emmbarassing imho.

Ah shut up man will you.

So what are your thoughts on our never ending search for a striker to compliment Ba  :undecided:

Well, as far as im aware, unless you know something I dont, there is still another month to go before the window closes. How about saving it till then?

As for Ashley apologists, these are people you have made up in your head. There are none. Everyone knows Ashley is a cock end, and the sooner he goes the better. But not all us need to constantly talk about him or point blame at him on every occasion.

I simply enjoy doing it but ironically i dont use the Ashley thread  :cheesy:

Thank you for contributing zero to this debate.

I really want to know when the penny is going to drop and the likes of the Ashley apologists will admit that they are in the wrong for the way he is running this circus , financially we are far better off than a few years ago but our transfer policy and recruitment is simply a joke .Howm many more lies are we going to get told by the main protaganists and the spin they give its simply emmbarassing imho.

Ah shut up man will you.

So what are your thoughts on our never ending search for a striker to compliment Ba  :undecided:

Well, as far as im aware, unless you know something I dont, there is still another month to go before the window closes. How about saving it till then?

i guarantee you there will be a set of circumstances that are expected to make it absolutely positively understandable that we haven't strengthened the squad any further. and then we'll be 'saving it for january'

if i think about this whole sorry saga from a disconnected perspective (i.e. not a fan) i can see some sense in the way ashley is running things tbh

look at top flight football in england as a whole; aside from luck what would it take for us to reach the top 6 and Europe again, what would it take to scrape 4th and the CL, what would it take to challenge for the title?  i'm talking consistently here, not as a one off

realistically unless you get lucky with a shit hot manager or spend decent amounts of money there's no way top 4 is even realistic anymore, and is top 6 worth the financial risk it'd take to get there?  i'm not so sure in his eyes

PL as a competitive challenge is totally fucked (at the top end), and ashley probably knows this, so for him eeking by as we have been by planning to beat the drop and squeeze out as many 500k's from league positions is probably the extent of his ambition until he's bought out

feeling a bit glum about it all today, but perhaps he's right ???

Agreed 100%. The League simply isn't what might be termed an 'open' competition any more. Money has changed that. I think it's a sad indictment of the game that finishing 4th is considered the panacea for many a club, even to the extent that finishing in a European spot, a la Spurs is either considered not good enough or a waste of fucking time.

Ah shut up man will you.

i guarantee you there will be a set of circumstances that are expected to make it absolutely positively understandable that we haven't strengthened the squad any further. and then we'll be 'saving it for january'

IIRC Llambias has already used that one. :lol:

if i think about this whole sorry saga from a disconnected perspective (i.e. not a fan) i can see some sense in the way ashley is running things tbh

look at top flight football in england as a whole; aside from luck what would it take for us to reach the top 6 and Europe again, what would it take to scrape 4th and the CL, what would it take to challenge for the title?  i'm talking consistently here, not as a one off

realistically unless you get lucky with a shit hot manager or spend decent amounts of money there's no way top 4 is even realistic anymore, and is top 6 worth the financial risk it'd take to get there?  i'm not so sure in his eyes

PL as a competitive challenge is totally fucked (at the top end), and ashley probably knows this, so for him eeking by as we have been by planning to beat the drop and squeeze out as many 500k's from league positions is probably the extent of his ambition until he's bought out

Agreed 100%. The League simply isn't what might be termed an 'open' competition any more. Money has changed that. I think it's a sad indictment of the game that finishing 4th is considered the panacea for many a club, even to the extent that finishing in a European spot, a la Spurs is either considered not good enough or a waste of fucking time.

right, so what's the solution?  bust ourselves trying to get somewhere we simply would not be able to sustain without massive investment (sounds familiar) or fuck about in mid table and hopefully sneak a cup or something?

first ones not really an option tbh is it?...only thing that changes the parameters would be a great crop of youngsters coming through and/or stumbling on a genius as a manager who propels the club there himself

EDIT: i'm taking ashley out of this train of thought by the way

Ah shut up man will you.

of course he has, i meant we'd be told by certain people to save our anger for january when we can have a proper run at bringing in the players without all these obstacles (fees) in the way

Ah shut up man will you.

As for Ashley apologists, these are people you have made up in your head. There are none. Everyone knows Ashley is a cock end, and the sooner he goes the better. But not all us need to constantly talk about him or point blame at him on every occasion.

I simply enjoy doing it but ironically i dont use the Ashley thread  :cheesy:

Thank you for contributing zero to this debate.

Shut up  :smug:

Ah shut up man will you.

So what are your thoughts on our never ending search for a striker to compliment Ba  :undecided:

of course he has, i meant we'd be told by certain people to save our anger for january when we can have a proper run at bringing in the players without all these obstacles (fees) in the way

Thought Pardew  said judge us at the end of the August transfer window ?  We will see the outcome by then .

look at top flight football in england as a whole; aside from luck what would it take for us to reach the top 6 and Europe again, what would it take to scrape 4th and the CL, what would it take to challenge for the title?  i'm talking consistently here, not as a one off

realistically unless you get lucky with a shit hot manager or spend decent amounts of money there's no way top 4 is even realistic anymore, and is top 6 worth the financial risk it'd take to get there?  i'm not so sure in his eyes

right, so what's the solution?  bust ourselves trying to get somewhere we simply would not be able to sustain without massive investment (sounds familiar) or fuck about in mid table and hopefully sneak a cup or something?

first ones not really an option tbh is it?...only thing that changes the parameters would be a great crop of youngsters coming through and/or stumbling on a genius as a manager who propels the club there himself

EDIT: i'm taking ashley out of this train of thought by the way

Unfortunately I think that for clubs aside from Shitty, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, and possibly Everton, fucking around in mid-table is the best we can hope for, especially in our predicament at moment (I'm not disappointment by this, btw, I'd prefer that than flirting with relegation). I'm not just talking about lack of investment, Everton have shown that lack of investment need not preclude an attempt at challenging for Europe, I'm talking about the degree of division within the club, from top to bottom, that will continue rear its head so long as Ashley is here and so long as people think something 'isn't right', either with transfers/team form/etc.

There's a blame culture at NUFC that's not going to go away any time soon. It's not helpful and it's going to cast a shadow over this club time and time again. I'm not saying we ought not to discuss some of the issues, nor that some people are entirely blame-less in fermenting this culture, simply that until there is a sense of unity and togetherness, from the board to the fans, we'll not be going anywhere fast, irrespective of who we might buy/not buy.

look at top flight football in england as a whole; aside from luck what would it take for us to reach the top 6 and Europe again, what would it take to scrape 4th and the CL, what would it take to challenge for the title?  i'm talking consistently here, not as a one off

realistically unless you get lucky with a s*** hot manager or spend decent amounts of money there's no way top 4 is even realistic anymore, and is top 6 worth the financial risk it'd take to get there?  i'm not so sure in his eyes

PL as a competitive challenge is totally f***ed (at the top end), and ashley probably knows this, so for him eeking by as we have been by planning to beat the drop and squeeze out as many 500k's from league positions is probably the extent of his ambition until he's bought out

It's the reality, unfortunately. And each year of the CL the divide will get greater.

The best thing for football in this country would be for the top clubs to leave to play in a European super league. Hopefully it might happen someday.

Still, on the positive side we do have a great club to support, and even under the current ownership we can compete within the top ten and occasionally turn over one of the bigger boys. Maybe that's all we can realistically hope for at the moment....and perhaps a cup!

Can't believe we've been tracking this seemingly average striker for two months and made what seems like next to no progress. Catastrophic strategy in this case as well as handling the Enrique situation. We should have had our "new striker" and Enriques replacement ready before the US tour.

realistically unless you get lucky with a s*** hot manager or spend decent amounts of money there's no way top 4 is even realistic anymore, and is top 6 worth the financial risk it'd take to get there?  i'm not so sure in his eyes

PL as a competitive challenge is totally f***ed (at the top end), and ashley probably knows this, so for him eeking by as we have been by planning to beat the drop and squeeze out as many 500k's from league positions is probably the extent of his ambition until he's bought out

It's the reality, unfortunately. And each year of the CL the divide will get greater.

The best thing for football in this country would be for the top clubs to leave to play in a European super league. Hopefully it might happen someday.

Still, on the positive side we do have a great club to support, and even under the current ownership we can compete within the top ten and occasionally turn over one of the bigger boys. Maybe that's all we can realistically hope for at the moment....and perhaps a cup!

What would be the point in the best teams leaving?  I never quite understand that argument - all that would mean is that we might compete for a completely undervalued and pointless league - knowing that there are 4-6 teams in England that are better than us?

What would be the point in the best teams leaving?  I never quite understand that argument - all that would mean is that we might compete for a completely undervalued and pointless league - knowing that there are 4-6 teams in England that are better than us?

I suppose I feel that the competitiveness of the league has been corrupted, probably for good. Almost obscenely. Similarly in other countries. So I'm not sure I feel it would be pointless if other clubs had a somewhat fairer ground to play on. Probably will never happen anyway!

BBC Newcastle reporting we have given up our chase of Erdinc due to personal terms.  I love the word chase, it suggests some sort of purposeful pursuit...

It took a whole summer to understand what this fella wants in wages?

Fuck me.