Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if we're trying to do a loan for Erdinc and spending money on a centre back.

Btw, when I was checking the Brighton board after we drew em they had a thread on that Lewis Dunk we were linked to and they rate him REALLY highly.

We must really rate this lad if we're still trying to sign him.

That could also explain why we pulled out of the Maiga deal if we knew he was available for the right price and we think he's the better player.

I've got faith in our scouting team when it comes to the French market, so fingers crossed this one's a goer.

The way our club operates I couldn't see us splashing out on any players this January beyond a cut-price deal or a loan. Ba is a temporary absence and so is Taylor albeit a much longer one. We haven't seen what Ben Arfa can do with a run of games up top yet and I'd be very surprised if we blew 7M on a striker at this point.

A loan deal would suit us well. Covers Ba's absence, saves Ashley's precious money and increases competition up front and out wide. If he's not getting games at PSG and he's only 24 they may be up for a loan deal too.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/01/11/mevlut-erdinc-back-in-newcastle-united-s-sights-61634-30098511/

NEWCASTLE United are back on the trail of Paris Saint Germain striker Mevlüt Erdinç as they widen their January remit to include a forward.

United are understood to have initiated contact with the Turkey international – who was a long-term target in the summer – after being made aware he is eager to leave the Ligue 1 side.

He is keen to discuss a move to England, although United would only want to take the transfer further if he is valued at a significantly lower price than the £7million PSG were looking for in the summer transfer window.

Although it was widely reported at the time Erdinç had turned down Newcastle, The Journal understands it was a breakdown in negotiations between the player’s representatives and United which scuppered their chances of brokering a transfer before August 31. United’s priority remains landing a centre-half in the transfer window but, despite Alan Pardew publicly closing the door on bringing in a striker back in December, the club are keeping their options open.

Erdinç is one of a few targets but United sources refused to rule out a move for the 24-year-old, heavily scouted before the Magpies tried to lure him to St James’ Park in the close season.

It's probably that we have an allocated budget set aside for a striker and we aren't going to go above it no matter what. Whether PSG or Erdinc lower their demands isn't necessarily important as long as the net amount is within that budget.

Guest VaVaVoom

I reckon we want him for about 5mil.

We were prepared to pay 7mil for Maiga but look at his goalscoring record. Erdinc isnt even close so there for not worth 7mil.

He looks canny and we need a striker but i'd still be a little dubious about him. He isnt exactly pulling up tree's to get here.