Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Not too sure about this one. On the face of it, it looks like a good signing. However if it means ditching an attempt to get in Barnetta/Zog because we've signed a lad that's not played since November on a free, then it certainly looks like we've took a risk and done it on the cheap again.

Happy, but I still think we need to get in another midfielder.

It's still early doors. As people have said it looks like we seem to have a plan this time around. Hopefully your point is recognised by those spending the money :)

I think it's a bit silly accumulating wages over the number of years the player is at the club and then being shocked at the figure to be honest. Every single player is on a wage of sorts, and even the lower earners are an x million pound investments that every team has to make.

But 5 years is a risk for a player who has missed 3 out of the alst 5 seasons with injury. It's less of a risk if it's a 2 or 3 year deal.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Not too sure about this one. On the face of it, it looks like a good signing. However if it means ditching an attempt to get in Barnetta/Zog because we've signed a lad that's not played since November on a free, then it certainly looks like we've took a risk and done it on the cheap again.

Happy, but I still think we need to get in another midfielder.

I think we'll get Barnetta too.

I think it's a bit silly accumulating wages over the number of years the player is at the club and then being shocked at the figure to be honest. Every single player is on a wage of sorts, and even the lower earners are an x million pound investments that every team has to make.

But 5 years is a risk for a player who has missed 3 out of the alst 5 seasons with injury. It's less of a risk if it's a 2 or 3 year deal.

It is more than likely to be appearence based though.

Don't know owt about the lad, but on a Bosman then why not? Seems as if we are to become the new 'Arsenal' though - shipping out many of the english players and bringing in imports.

Ashley's cutting costs. Does anyone really think the £35m for Carroll will be spent?

Don't know owt about the lad, but on a Bosman then why not? Seems as if we are to become the new 'Arsenal' though - shipping out many of the english players and bringing in imports.

Personally, I don't give a darn of the nationality of these players, so long as they are talented and improve us. We could have XI foreigners on the pitch and I wouldn't care.

It is more than likely to be appearence based though.

Would fit in with all the perfromance based stuff Pardew was going on about when he first joined.

Personally, I don't give a darn of the nationality of these players, so long as they are talented and improve us. We could have XI foreigners on the pitch and I wouldn't care.

This, although it's nice to have a few homegrown lads too for obvious reasons. It's leaders not passports that are important. Whether we're signing them I'm not so sure.

Fucking hell, they kept this one quiet didn't they? Sly bastards.

Delighted. Three brilliant prospects, less than £5m for the lot and it's only June 18th!

Roll on July! :D

I'll agree with that.

I guess my point is that there seems to have been a tendancy for people on here to work out how much which player has cost the club how much etc when the figures being produced are probably the norm for most top tier clubs in Europe. Admittedly for certain players it highlights just how much of a drain they have been on resources, but I think it highlights more just how much money is spent in football on wages.

Guest north shields lad

Ashley's cutting costs. Does anyone really think the £35m for Carroll will be spent?

Exactly. In Ashleys head he is already spending that money on signing on fees and wages.

So did he fail a medical? Sorry got up late and can't be arsed to trawl through all, erm, 9 pages.

He vehemently denied it:

Sylvain Marveaux to L'Equipe: 'No prob with fitness. I haven't signed yet with #LFC because of contract detail, rumours about my fitness disgust me.'

So did he fail a medical? Sorry got up late and can't be arsed to trawl through all, erm, 9 pages.

Couldn't agree terms with LFC so came here is the official line. No mention of any medical issues.

I'm actually optimistic that this won't limit our ability to sign other players.

If we were planning on signing N'Zogbia, one more striker and a central midfielder, signing someone like Marveaux on a free transfer should mean, at the most, that we might have to spend a little bit less on the three combined.

What I mean to say is that our original plan was probably a winger, a striker and a midfielder. But now that we've got the winger in very cheaply, we could afford another winger and still go for a striker and a midfielder, only this time the combined fee of the three would be a bit less than if we hadn't signed Marveaux.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Nah.

Fucking hell, they kept this one quiet didn't they? Sly bastards.

Delighted. Three brilliant prospects, less than £5m for the lot and it's only June 18th!

Roll on July! :D

July is when we start selling. O0

Welcome Sylvain! All the luck in the world to you. :clap2:

Not on transfer fees but on wages as it looks right now and while we are on why do we buy so many players with injury problems atm  :mick:

I would also rather take the risk of signing these type players, than spend millions on rubbish from this league like Gibson and N'gog. That is not a go at Sunderland but they are a really good example.