Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Could someone please post his comments from nufcTV after tonight's match?

Basically says he enjoys winning, says hes stiff because of the extra time. Hard game against a good team. Made a good match, happy to win. Thinks we conceded some goals we could avoid. Good for the confidence in the end. Getting better and fitter. Quite happy. Praising Hatem for deliverance, thinks he did well tonight, especially first half. Also praising the support from the crowd. Has settled well in Newcastle.

Could someone please post his comments from nufcTV after tonight's match?

Basically says he enjoys winning, says hes stiff because of the extra time. Hard game against a good team. Made a good match, happy to win. Thinks we conceded some goals we could avoid. Good for the confidence in the end. Getting better and fitter. Quite happy. Praising Hatem for deliverance, thinks he did well tonight, especially first half. Also praising the support from the crowd. Has settled well in Newcastle.

Thanks alot mate. :thup:

Glad he looks like he has the ability to live up to the randomly high expectations I have of him. If he can stay fit he's a really classy footballer and someone who'll just go from strength-to-strength over here. Just seen the brief highlights on Sky and watched the interview with him on .cock and he's looking like another Cabaye type to me. Total package.

If anything he's surpassed my expectations so far. Judging by the doom merchants who post here I expected we'd signed a semi-crock who had no qualities other than turning up  for a few games a season.

Did he play LM?

Yes.  Stayed out wide more so than his other performances for us tonight, due to Ben Arfa being in the hole.  Had loads of space down the left and exploited it well.

Was shifted into a central role late in the game (where Ben Arfa started).  Probably because he was knackered and Pards wanted to use Sammy and Obertan as the pace to get at them from wide.

Guest Dontooner

Was chuffed when we signed him....this lad got bags of quality (love how he keep things simple ) .....was a tad worried that he couldnt recover from his injuries  ..like Ben he spent atmost 1 1/2 years on the side lines. Hope he goes from strength to strength..

If he stays fit, i would rank him another Ben , Tiote, Cabaye , Santon type of signing ..where we acquired them with only a small portion of their real transfer fees.

best is yet to come....he is a master of starting and assisting counter attacks....one of the best qualities that he would provide us

The thing is virtually everyone wants to see him given a start on the left wing instead of Jonas so making excuses etc is only putting off the inevitable.

I would get my best team starting on Saturday and try and build up some game time / understanding against the "lesser" teams than put it off and start introducing them against the Manchesters and Chelsea.

The thing is virtually everyone wants to see him given a start on the left wing instead of Jonas so making excuses etc is only putting off the inevitable.

I would get my best team starting on Saturday and try and build up some game time / understanding against the "lesser" teams than put it off and start introducing them against the Manchesters and Chelsea.

What's our "best" team though? Obviously due to your agenda against Jonas, I know he's not in it.

What's our "best" team though? Obviously due to your agenda against Jonas, I know he's not in it.

:lol: I love how not particularly liking one player equals an agenda.  :lol:

I think the best team for me if everyone is fit is this.

Krul

Simpson -- Taylor -- Coloccini -- Santone

Tiote ------------- Cabaye

Obertan ----------------------- Marveaux

Ben-Arfa

Best

I think the ones in bold are in most peoples starting 11 and the only waverers are Obertan and Best.

As Best is scoring then he should keep the shirt.

That just leaves Obi. If you are a big Jonas fan you will want him in instead, if you are sick of Jonas's lack of end product you will want to stick with Obertan. The cross from the bye line with the outside of his boot for Coloccini was sublime.

Whlist Ryan Taylor is playing, I think Jonas will remain on the left wing.  Just have a feeling Pards isn't convinced by Taylor's defending (who is?)  You can see from how deep Jonas sits that either Jonas, AP, Raylor or all three are not comfortable with Ryan at left back.

Hurry up and get fit Santon FFS.

I actually rate Jonas as one of our most important players. Runs and runs all game and wins many free kickis in dangerous positions. I would seriously give him a blast on the right, didnt he play there against Man U and Bolton in the early games of the 08/09 season? I was convinced we were going to come about 6th after that mind :lol:. A front 4 of Jonas,Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Ba with Cabaye and Tiote behind them is very exciting. Then we have the likes of Obertan, Best, Gosling, Vuckic and Sammy to use from the bench to change the game.

I actually rate Jonas as one of our most important players. Runs and runs all game and wins many free kickis in dangerous positions. I would seriously give him a blast on the right, didnt he play there against Man U and Bolton in the early games of the 08/09 season? I was convinced we were going to come about 6th after that mind :lol:. A front 4 of Jonas,Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Ba with Cabaye and Tiote behind them is very exciting. Then we have the likes of Obertan, Best, Gosling, Vuckic and Sammy to use from the bench to change the game.

Would like to see Jonas given a proper chance on the right, with Marveaux on the left. Really unsure about Obertan, would rather we use him as an impact substitute for the time being.

On the other hand, Gutierrez's contract expires the summer after next, which means he could be sold this summer. Obertan probably has more of a future here - so maybe it should be him starting...

Would like to see Jonas given a proper chance on the right, with Marveaux on the left. Really unsure about Obertan, would rather we use him as an impact substitute for the time being.

On the other hand, Gutierrez's contract expires the summer after next, which means he could be sold this summer. Obertan probably has more of a future here - so maybe it should be him starting...

Are you serious? Play Obertan because Jonas only has 2 years left on his contract? :lol:

Are you serious? Play Obertan because Jonas only has 2 years left on his contract? :lol:

I'd rather Jonas start on the right-hand side. If he is to be sold this summer however, the club may want to keep Obertan in the side and hope that he develops...

This guy was absolutely immense last night. Forest looked shit scared everytime he got the ball. Like HBA, his touch, technique and passing were superb. Such a shame that we didn't have an equal threat on the right hand side of midfield with Gosling wanting to drift in.

Got great end product too. Looking like another good buy.

Guest icemanblue

Really? Who?

Really? Who?

Well virtually everyone who has posted regarding the situation in the last 24 hours.

Even Jonas fans seem to be accepting the left wing is no longer his and hoping he gets a shot on the right wing instead of Obertan.

Really? Who?

Well virtually everyone who has posted regarding the situation in the last 24 hours.

Even Jonas fans seem to be accepting the left wing is no longer his and hoping he gets a shot on the right wing instead of Obertan.

I think we should perhaps wait and see what Marveaux is like against Premiership opposition before saying the left-side is no longer Gutierrez's (I do believe that when fully fit, Marveaux can be a more effective winger than Gutierrez).

Btw, I look forward to watching many of the clueless on here eat their words about how Marveaux isn't a traditional winger who attacks the RB - and should be played from the right, cutting inside.

Really? Who?

Its so fucking stupid that people want Jonas out of the team.

Please watch a match and see what Jonas does overall. Do not just watch his bad crossing :lol:

He is in my eyes one of our most important players, his contribution to our team is immense.

Play him on the right, Marv on the left, HBA in the middle. (After Santon are alive and kicking. Raylor need Jonas to cover his ass)

One word: SEXY

:lol: I love how not particularly liking one player equals an agenda.  :lol:

I think the best team for me if everyone is fit is this.

Krul

Simpson -- Taylor -- Coloccini -- Santone

Tiote ------------- Cabaye

Obertan ----------------------- Marveaux

Ben-Arfa

Best

I think the ones in bold are in most peoples starting 11 and the only waverers are Obertan and Best.

As Best is scoring then he should keep the shirt.

That just leaves Obi. If you are a big Jonas fan you will want him in instead, if you are sick of Jonas's lack of end product you will want to stick with Obertan. The cross from the bye line with the outside of his boot for Coloccini was sublime.

I would say that's our best line up with the exception of Jonas in for Obertan on the right. Jonas has a tremendous work rate, is defensively excellent for a winger and as already stated is an excellent outlet to just run the ball out of defence taking the pressure off us when other teams are trying to play higher up the pitch. Ok his crossing is not good from the left, perhaps it will be better from the right. After all he is right footed. We should at least try him there, it may be a revelation there like Barton was.

Obertan has shown alot of promise and i suspect Pardew likes him and will stick with him to try and bring him on another level. He's has all the natural ability (big, strong, pacey, very fit and skillful). But he frustrate's as doesn't have a good football brain at times and takes the wrong option. Perhaps with more game time, and coaching his confidence will grow that part of his game will improve.

Pleased we have some good options on the wings and in center midfield. A good few youngsters coming through to. We need some up and coming CB's and of course a really good striker. 

I think at this stage, we'd be daft to 'drop' Jonas as it were. I think that in games against the lesser sides, particularly at home, we'd be better off utilising Marveaux and Obertan as they'd be more likely to run rings round some of the shittier full-backs in the league. However, Jonas is a really important component away from home, and much like Park for Man U he's incredibly useful in the games against the bigger teams - for his ball retention and ability to relieve pressure from the defence.