Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He looks a tidy player but I wouldn't be too harsh on Obertan. He needs regular games. He hasn't developed in three years because he hasn't played enough. We need to give him lots of games this season because he's still far too young to be written off.

Marveaux has done more in 130 minutes than Obertan has in however many starts. For example, he's found a player further than three yards away from him. Looks like he can cross the ball too.

No way on this planet that Obertan should be ahead of him after today. Showed him up completely.

Might be tempted to play him in a midfield three with Cabaye and Tiote and sacrifice a striker. He looks very comfortable in that inside-left position.

Have been thinking that too...

---------------------- Tiote ----------------------

--------- Cabaye ---------- Marveaux --------

HBA -------------------------------------- Jonas

-------------------- Ba/Best ---------------------

:dontknow: Guess we don't really know enough about him to make that call yet.

Probably going to start against Forest, then Pards will put him back on the bench for the league. I can see that easily happen.

As long as it's to give him a full 90 mins as a test, rest him against Blackburn and then he's a starter, I'm happy.

Obviously that's not what will happen. But he should be starting.

Probably going to start against Forest, then Pards will put him back on the bench for the league. I can see that easily happen.

As long as it's to give him a full 90 mins as a test, rest him against Blackburn and then he's a starter, I'm happy.

Obviously that's not what will happen. But he should be starting.

Half an hour against Forest, then become a starter.

He's got to start ahead of Obertan, Marveaux looks like he's going to be a class player.  He seems to have a low centre of balance and can turn so quickly and stay on his feet his passing ability is also first class.

Might be tempted to play him in a midfield three with Cabaye and Tiote and sacrifice a striker. He looks very comfortable in that inside-left position.

Have been thinking that too...

---------------------- Tiote ----------------------

--------- Cabaye ---------- Marveaux --------

HBA -------------------------------------- Jonas

-------------------- Ba/Best ---------------------

:dontknow: Guess we don't really know enough about him to make that call yet.

What he said

Has impressed me every time he's been on the pitch for NUFC.

Absolutely needs to start on Tuesday. And probably Saturday too.

Agree. Quick, good passing ability and composure, and he's not afraid to run at defenders.

That said, he looks slower than I expect.

He hasn't really had much time on the wing to wizz up and down it. He looked nippy as fuck in the Fiorentina friendly.

I genuinely think there could be something in this inside-left position in a midfield three. Clearly, he's technically very astute. I'm not sure if he has the same sort of drive and tenacity as Barton did, but he could potentially fill the void in a midfield three? Cos Barton-Tiote-Cabaye would've been paramount to any success we had this season. I'm dying to see Cabaye have a fully defined role, because there's potential in him and Tiote. Having a third in there would allow that.

Will wait and see i guess. Would certainly give us a way of cramming all out best players into the side once Ben Arfa's back.

Guest Dontooner

Not sure dropping Obertan for Marvx is the best option...

Jonas hasnt convinced anyone on the right side either.

Would prefer to drop Jonas and go 4-3-3 where Santon is available to play at left back.

If anyone had watched Marvx much before in France, he oftens drift out of position from his left side. BUT in a good way, as he turns up in good positions to score, for passes or making passes. He is probably a better player than Ben and Cayabe when it comes to football awareness or a footballing brain. Plays his game simple and timely, often characteristics of a very good player or a play maker.

Not sure dropping Obertan for Marvx is the best option...

Jonas hasnt convinced anyone on the right side either.

Would prefer to drop Jonas and go 4-3-3 where Santon is available to play at left back.

If anyone had watched Marvx much before in France, he oftens drift out of position from his left side. BUT in a good way, as he turns up in good positions to score, for passes or making passes. He is probably a better player than Ben and Cayabe when it comes to football awareness or a footballing brain. Plays his game simple and timely, often characteristics of a very good player or a play maker.

I've never seen Jonas play on the right of mid, i'd love to see it tbh, then i can put it to bed as an idea.