Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Dontooner

Can say the same for simmo playing right back....i would much rather Jonas to be starting. Unless we have someone better then Simmo....which  is in your opinion from your reactions a player which you rate alot...

Guest Dontooner

Simpson is a natural right back. Jonas is a winger. Personally I rate Simpson over Raylor, but with Santon out, they're both bound to start. I can see Jonas as a wing back in a Napoli-style formation, but not as a dependent part of a 4 man defense.

Sorry but imo Simpson a poor footballer , and one of the most overrated to hold onto shirt for periods since Boumsong

Simpson is a natural right back. Jonas is a winger. Personally I rate Simpson over Raylor, but with Santon out, they're both bound to start. I can see Jonas as a wing back in a Napoli-style formation, but not as a dependent part of a 4 man defense.

Sorry but imo Simpson a poor footballer , and one of the most overrated to hold onto shirt for periods since Boumsong

He is not the perfect RB, but in no way is he worse than Ryan Taylor. Simpson is a steady performer, and while he isn't extraordinary he does the job.

Simpson has been overly criticised recently IMO, he has made good improvements since he signed and there's no reason to change him at the moment. Especially not by playing a midfielder out of position, or playing Ryan Taylor.

:nods:

Simpson has been overly criticised recently IMO, he has made good improvements since he signed and there's no reason to change him at the moment. Especially not by playing a midfielder out of position, or playing Ryan Taylor.

Tbf, although i don't rate Raylor at all i've actually seen him play better this season at LB than Simmo managed in the same game at RB.

I don't think Simmo's a particulary bad player but he hasn't had a good start to the season. Problems with his bairn may be on his mind, i know it would mine!

Saying that though, i'm not sure i can remember him ever actually blocking a cross because he's stuck to the winger and denied him space! I would think that's a fairly fundamental trait you'd look for in a FB!!

Simpson should be replaced next summer. No question about it.

Alternatively, play Santon in his strongest position (RB) and sign a left-back of equal quality.

defence is gonna need an overhaul if colo leaves as expected, i imagine we'll 'replace' him and do nothing else

Alternatively, play Santon in his strongest position (RB) and sign a left-back of equal quality.

Fuck that, we better be replacing in January. Thats replacing not getting rid. Competition will do him the world of good. I would probably prefer to see us buy a LB (Cissokho preferably) and switch Santon over to the right.

:nods:

:thup:

Guest magpie99

I would really like to see young Ferguson given a decent run at left back and Santon switched over to the right when he is fit.

Jonas should only play tough home and away games whhere the plan is to frustrated the opposition and try and hit them on the break.

For games where we should be attascking the opposition home and away, Marveaux on the left for his creative influence.

Whatever game, keep Fergie at left back because this kid is definitely a future star in my opinion and needs games now.

Whatever game, keep Fergie at left back because this kid is definitely a future star in my opinion and needs games now.

don't disagree with this personally unless the coaching staff feel he's out of his depth

even if his eventual position will be winger if he's capable of playing at LB at such a young age it'd stand him in good stead for the future and develop the defensive side of his game, teach him positional sense and how better to attack his own opposition FB etc.

don't subscribe to the idea that playing him LB will somehow hamper his development as a winger

Guest magpie99

don't disagree with this personally unless the coaching staff feel he's out of his depth

even if his eventual position will be winger if he's capable of playing at LB at such a young age it'd stand him in good stead for the future and develop the defensive side of his game, teach him positional sense and how better to attack his own opposition FB etc.

don't subscribe to the idea that playing him LB will somehow hamper his development as a winger

It is all down to coaching really and Pards and his staff seem to bed working wonders on the defensive side of the team so far.

The best left back we have had in recent times, other than Enrique, was Olivier Bernard who started as a midfielder but was quietly asnd effectively converted to a quality attacking left back. Although he had some occasions where he was susceptible, on most occasions, he was good and played effectively in the CL in the position.

Handled properly, young Fergie could achieve even more in the future but now would be a good time to push him in for an extended period. I like the fact he has trickery and pace which can only benefit the side overall.

There again, I am a huge believer in the fact that if you are young enough, and good enough, get them in there. Games against good quality opposition can only improve him.

f*** that, we better be replacing in January. Thats replacing not getting rid. Competition will do him the world of good. I would probably prefer to see us buy a LB (Cissokho preferably) and switch Santon over to the right.

[/quote

january mission. Santon and new RB or maybe LB. Simpson and Ferguson as cover, nice.

For CB...find a hot prospect to learn from the best (colo).

Hmmm in relation to Cabaye thread where someone propose HBA as a trequarista a la messi (which i think is probably too ambitious atm) but wondering if this would allow Marveaux a better role, see

krul

Simp    Colo                taylor  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye          Marveaux

Obertan            HBA              Gutierrez

There's no way that would work. For that to work you need to forwards/winger capable of beating a man and having a really good end product. Which Jonas lacks and I really don't think Marveaux would thrive centrally like that.

These players are not Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, lets net get ahead of ourselves.

Well yes, but while no Barcalona we aren't in champions league etc. Anyway I agree actually, we're let down by our wingers who aren't going to be scoring goals enough, so should be playing more traditionally, and need a proper striker in the team.

There's no way that would work. For that to work you need to forwards/winger capable of beating a man and having a really good end product. Which Jonas lacks and I really don't think Marveaux would thrive centrally like that.

These players are not Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, lets net get ahead of ourselves.

Spot on.

I don't think it's that bonkers actually, Blackpool pulled it off against a lot of the premiership with worse players than us, and before you say well they got relegated, that was because they tried it against teams that knew better as well, and had a much worse defense than us. I'm not saying this is an idea for every game ever, but I think it may be worth investigating, particularly against a team we are going to absolutely boss in midfield

Hmmm in relation to Cabaye thread where someone propose HBA as a trequarista a la messi (which i think is probably too ambitious atm) but wondering if this would allow Marveaux a better role, see

krul

Simp    Colo                taylor  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye          Marveaux

Obertan            HBA              Gutierrez

Marveaux is a winger, despite the claims of many of this boards members (who based their opinions of Marveaux on a collection of tweets from an English, Ligue 1 'journalist').

Hatem Ben Arfa is no striker...