Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Just have to watch the lad play, he clearly prefers to come inside rather than hug the chalk. In addition he has the intelligence to play anywhere across that front three behind a lone striker, (providing his other two teammates in those front three positions are equally able to shift around).

Marveaux and Ben Arfa are clearly 2 of those 3 if playing that way.

Guest Dontooner

One thing interesting to add, is that all 4 Marvx, Ben , Jonas , Obertan could possible play on the left or the right.......

Potentially they could just run into each other positions and interchange roles as they like...

One thing interesting to add, is that all 4 Marvx, Ben , Jonas , Obertan could possible play on the left or the right.......

Potentially they could just run into each other positions and interchange roles as they like...

Yep this is what I have thought, just because they start on the left or right doesn't mean they have to play there the whole game. Will been a pain in the arse for he opposition full backs trying to remember which is the weaker foot.

Yep this is what I have thought, just because they start on the left or right doesn't mean they have to play there the whole game. Will been a pain in the arse for he opposition full backs trying to remember which is the weaker foot.

total football

Id start Jonas ahead of Obertan...personally i think we will get a good string of games out of Obertan then sell him tbh, not going to be a long term prospect for us...Jonas is older and i think is more settled and more likely to stay longer. Id rather get an XI sorted with Jonas...Obertan as in impact sub could be very handy too. Guessing alot of people disagree like but tis my personal thought

Jonas isn't likely to stay longer at all. He'll be off in the summer I reckon.

Completely agree, which is why they may be inclined to play Obertan and just hope he develops...

His best position is left midfield - no doubt. He's basically our only winger with good crosses on hand. When Santon is back, i'd love for Jonás to switch to the right, while Marveaux takes Jonás' place on the left.

From the little I've seen of him, this is how I'd like to see him used.  Rich is also spot on though, if all goes to plan, the 3 that will play behind Ba or Best will all be capable of playing in all 3 positions and will be able to interchange at will.

EDIT: Pretty much what everyone else has been saying.  Really should read all posts first  :lol:

His best position is left midfield - no doubt. He's basically our only winger with good crosses on hand. When Santon is back, i'd love for Jonás to switch to the right, while Marveaux takes Jonás' place on the left.

Wow, one of the first times we've shared the same opinion. We have both seen Marveaux playing in France though...

Guest Dontooner

Personally, i think AP would prefer to keep Obertan on the right ahead of Jonas , due to tactical reasons.

Having a more direct attacking player, that provides more misguided crosses per game would justify Pardew's more attacking philosophy

Wow, one of the first times we've shared the same opinion. We have both seen Marveaux playing in France though...

You should have mentioned that before.

:boomboom:

Id start Jonas ahead of Obertan...personally i think we will get a good string of games out of Obertan then sell him tbh, not going to be a long term prospect for us...Jonas is older and i think is more settled and more likely to stay longer. Id rather get an XI sorted with Jonas...Obertan as in impact sub could be very handy too. Guessing alot of people disagree like but tis my personal thought

Jonas isn't likely to stay longer at all. He'll be off in the summer I reckon.

:lol:

seriously i guess it doesnt change much but it should mean he stays atleast another year after this 1

Apart from Cabaye, Marveaux is probably the signing I'm most excited about, the lad looks absolute class. Not just a runner either, real technique and seems like great awareness too.

Not sure why he hasn't forced his way into the team, guess it's a combination of factors, but I trust that he'll make a big impact sooner or later.

Apart from Cabaye, Marveaux is probably the signing I'm most excited about, the lad looks absolute class. Not just a runner either, real technique and seems like great awareness too.

Not sure why he hasn't forced his way into the team, guess it's a combination of factors, but I trust that he'll make a big impact sooner or later.

http://images.wikia.com/footballers/images/e/e8/DavideSanton.png

No chance Jonas will be played on the right.

Why?  He likes to drift about the pitch and pretty much switch flanks at times anyway.  Marveaux could come in at some point and make himself undroppable (doubt that's a word TBH  :lol:) his performances so far have certainly been promising and I can see him being in the regular starting XI by the turn of the year.

I seem to remember Jonas has been quite poor on the right for us and has rarely played there.  But he's improved so much since he's been with us, and I would say having a left footer and right footer on the flanks being able to interchange would be quality.

Certainly don't see how there is 'no chance Jonas will be played on the right'