Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Dontooner

Seem to have lost his spark after the long injury, he was more than a bit part player in France. Always kept the ball well and kept things simple, wonder what happened to that part of his game. He seems a shadow of himself.

Guest bimpy474

Got caught on the ball so often, can't make my mind up on him but i think Ron getting close with him not being good enough lately.

Doesn't get the time on the ball at this level to do what he wants effectively. But at least he tried to defend when we didn't have the ball which is a plus as it's not really a part of his game.

Guest Brazilianbob

Can't understand this marveaux bashing.  He did exactly what was required and kept it simple.  When you are defending as we did its imperative the midfield don't charge forward leaving gaps that the opposition can exploit.

Guest firetotheworks

The last type of game to judge him on, tbh. Ideally, I wouldn't have played him considering the way we approached the match.

I'm not basing my opinion of Marveaux on this game. I'm basing it on his whole (admittedly injury interrupted until this season) NUFC career. He doesn't have much impact on games. He rarely scores and he doesn't create many chances for others. I don't hate him, I just don't think it would be that hard to replace him with a player who would produced more for us.

Not all footballers are in the team to create or score goals. I'd much rather midfielders kept hold of the ball and used it wisely rather than making daft passes which only come off 1/5 times.

Guest TC_16

Not all footballers are in the team to create or score goals. I'd much rather midfielders kept hold of the ball and used it wisely rather than making daft passes which only come off 1/5 times.

Wingers - like Marveaux - are though.

He's a good footballer technically but he's missing too much of what's needed for the PL, imo. That said, there's certainly a place for him off the bench in some circumstances.

:thup:

He's a good footballer technically but he's missing too much of what's needed for the PL, imo. That said, there's certainly a place for him off the bench in some circumstances.

Aye, seems to miss that work rate (:anguish:) and desire needed to be able to effectively use the obvious skill he has. Very disappointed in him recently, almost tempted to get Sammy back and send Marveaux to Boro.

In fairness, in the right set-up Marveaux would do just fine in this league. Swansea would be a good fit.

Guest firetotheworks

Wingers - like Marveaux - are though.

Marveaux isn't a winger.