Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I'll happily burn down Pardew's house if that useless ponytail plays instead of him again.

Didn't you say earlier that he's not good enough to be a starter?

I maintain that - on a regular basis. I've always said I'd start him at home against the lesser teams.

I'd play Shane Ferguson ahead of Jonas, fwiw.

I'll happily burn down Pardew's house if that useless ponytail plays instead of him again.

Think he played well out wide?

Best I've seen from him. He's still better through the middle, though.

That useless ponytail calmed us down and pull us together tonight...

Nice of him to earn his wages for once.

But he's clearly our best option on the right until Hatem is back. Played that role perfectly today IMO, cut inside quite a bit, but with an attacking right back, that's just a good thing as it'll leave the full back with space. Shame Santon's delivery was cack today, but it'll work just as well with Debuchy there.

As much as a like Marveaux the exact same thing could be said of him in his time here...

But he's clearly our best option on the right until Hatem is back. Played that role perfectly today IMO, cut inside quite a bit, but with an attacking right back, that's just a good thing as it'll leave the full back with space. Shame Santon's delivery was cack today, but it'll work just as well with Debuchy there.

As I said, anyone but Jonas.

As much as a like Marveaux the exact same thing could be said of him in his time here...

Marveaux's won us the last 2 games.

You can always tell within the first few mins if Marveaux is going to have a good game or not. Tonight everytime he got the ball early in the first half he looked our best player and the one most up for the occasion.

Exactly... He's been here almost two seasons to achieve that... Lets hope he keeps it up as I'm a fan...

Exactly... He's been here almost two seasons to achieve that... Lets hope he keeps it up as I'm a fan...

Start him at home against the teams we need to break down and have him come off the bench the rest of the time when we need a goal and he'll do pretty well. No excuse whatsoever for him not to be starting with Hatem injured, though.

Guest Dontooner

Still don't think he'll be able to play that role in the Premier League.

His game is evolving to suit us, i think he is slowing finding a place in this team. However Ben and Marv plays a similar game, this is going to be a challenge and i have no  confidence in Pardew regarding these things.

Start him at home against the teams we need to break down and have him come off the bench the rest of the time when we need a goal and he'll do pretty well. No excuse whatsoever for him not to be starting with Hatem injured, though.

Exactly. Him and Hatem are the only ones with that cutting edge/magic touch/whatever you want to call it in and around the box.

Thought this was the best he's been for us. Can't quite see him ahead of Hatem and Gouffran when available, though I guess it's up to him to make himself undroppable.

Excellent to have such strength across the attacking midfield, Marv can play anywhere there and should hopefully get enough starts to keep him happy.