Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Pardew forced into playing obvious talented player he doesnt trust to start--> player performs well--> Pardew = genius for easing him into side.

Marv has rarely let us down (has done once or twice), always brings something different to what we have. Should be starting every game without a doubt. Very similar to Pardew with Ben Arfa.

was worried that he was sat on his backside when we scored, looked like an injury cos he was down for a few seconds before and after the goal.  huge relief that he didnt come off, but why was he just sat there?  dont remember a tackle on him at that point

Marveaux would cause absolute havoc in that number 10 position man, we really need to look into that when Ben Arfa gets back.  Between him and Jonas for MOTM today, he is so assured on the ball and can pick a pass.  Why people slag this guy off all the time I really don't know.

was worried that he was sat on his backside when we scored, looked like an injury cos he was down for a few seconds before and after the goal.  huge relief that he didnt come off, but why was he just sat there?  dont remember a tackle on him at that point

Went down with cramp a couple of times as he v Benfica

Cant wait to see this front attacking line:

Ben Arfa        Marveaux      Gouffran

Cisse

Unlikely to happen this season though and with a bit of luck we will buy a decent winger to replace Gouffran and make that line up look even more drool worthy.

Guest bimpy474

His pace is quite deceptive mind.

Aye, he has a real quick burst of pace when he takes a player on.

Cramp.

He was great today, to be honest he always looks good with one half at Everton a notable exception. Just a good little attacking player that makes things happen.

His running reminds me of Hatem's. Not a speedster by any means but very quick off the mark and uses his body well to protect his run.

Yep accelarates at the tight times to get past players or put them into pressure. Didn't get the ball in the box as much as I wanted him to mind

Guest neesy111

his corners were so much better than cabaye's

We actually created some chances with them as well.  Amazing what pace on them does.

We must find a place for him, even when Ben Arfa is back because he is a class little players who needs games.  I can only think of one wasted pass in the whole game and that is some going considering how often he was on the ball.

We must find a place for him, even when Ben Arfa is back because he is a class little players who needs games.  I can only think of one wasted pass in the whole game and that is some going considering how often he was on the ball.

Sissoko Cabaye

Ben Arfa Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

For me.

Guest icemanblue

The turns into space cutting across the defenders path, man. Looks for it every time, the little fucking magician. His best game for us, and the performance of the game today. Showed another level of pace and desire to what we've seen so far.

Sissoko Cabaye

Ben Arfa Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

For me.

:pedro:

Looks like this is not a  popular view but I thought he was poor in the 1st half - just wasn't putting the work in. I thought he was like that for the whole 45 mins, but in particular there was one Sissokho breakaway where he should have made himself available but just didn't want to know.

He is a quality footballer though and he was very good in the 2nd half, I thought a few words may have been said to him at half time.