Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Looks like this is not a  popular view but I thought he was poor in the 1st half - just wasn't putting the work in. I thought he was like that for the whole 45 mins, but in particular there was one Sissokho breakaway where he should have made himself available but just didn't want to know.

He is a quality footballer though and he was very good in the 2nd half, I thought a few words may have been said to him at half time.

Not only is it not popular, it isn't true, he was excellent today.

Has to be our no:10! Him and Cabaye are our most intelligent players. What i love about him is how he evaluates his play. His decision making when to pass it simple and when to make the final ball/run is class.

If he can stay injury free i would go as far and say that we should build our team around his strengths and not worry about his weaker sides defensively. Sissoko has done well there but i would rather see him making runs from a deeper position.

Always been a big fan of his, especially in the more central role. Only question is whether he can do it consistently over a run of games, but hopefully he'll get the chance to show it now.

:thup: only one way to find out and he deserves it, definitely grabbing his chance and would be massively harsh to drop him, even for HBA. Even Jonas has been playing well lately though so not sure who would be dropped for HBA. Saying that, it would be Jonas for me, but not sure what Pardew will do.

Has to be our no:10! Him and Cabaye are our most intelligent players. What i love about him is how he evaluates his play. His decision making when to pass it simple and when to make the final ball/run is class.

This.

Do worry about the injuries mind. He's almost 27 and he's played 60 less games than Steven Taylor in his career. Way less than Hatem Ben Arfa too. According to Wiki anyway.

I also expect a dip in form in the near future. Don't think he's had a run of games like this in a very long time in his career.

:smitten:

Very good to see him playing in the team regularly after previously playing himself in to the side around Christmas. Hopefully the form he is showing will mean Pardew is minded to keep him in the XI when Ben Arfa returns. I think the fact that Cabaye praises him speaks volumes. He is far cleverer with the ball and his movement than most of our players and this allows other players to benefit. Additionally, he is perhaps the only player (barring Ben Arfa) who can penetrate a deep defence sitting on the 18 yard box. 

Always been a big fan of his, especially in the more central role. Only question is whether he can do it consistently over a run of games, but hopefully he'll get the chance to show it now.

:thup: only one way to find out and he deserves it, definitely grabbing his chance and would be massively harsh to drop him, even for HBA. Even Jonas has been playing well lately though so not sure who would be dropped for HBA. Saying that, it would be Jonas for me, but not sure what Pardew will do.

I don't think that'll be an issue until next season really, HBA should be introduced slowly and just eased through until the end of the season.

Just remembering him sitting on the edge of the box pure blasé with cramp for the goal.

He was all ''Yeah, what?''.

Hope it was cramp and nothing serious anyway!

He was running fine 2 minutes later.

If we could keep him and Ben Arfa fit and find a more attack minded manager (I will defend him when I think he is getting unfair stick but I don't think he is perfect) then we could be some side.

No idea how we would set up with Krul, Debuchy, MYM, Taylor, Santon/Haidara, Cabaye, Tiote, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Cisse but I would like to find out.

If we could keep him and Ben Arfa fit and find a more attack minded manager (I will defend him when I think he is getting unfair stick but I don't think he is perfect) then we could be some side.

No idea how we would set up with Krul, Debuchy, MYM, Taylor, Santon/Haidara, Cabaye, Tiote, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Cisse but I would like to find out.

Sorry for making things harder for you, but you forgot Sissoko.

Sorry for making things harder for you, but you forgot Sissoko.

:lol: Knew I forgot someone.

Erm..

Krul

Debuchy    Colo    MYM    Haidara

HBA  Sissoko    Cabaye  Santon

Marv

Cisse

With Gouffran as our super-sub and interchangeability in the roles/positions obviously. ;D

Should definitely have started today. Even if we were trying to contain them early, we still needed at least one creative outlet on the pitch.

Yeah it was stupid not to have on him from the start, played well again hopefully Sunday him and Benny lad shud be nice combo  :snod:

Away and against top 4 teams:

Krul

Deb - Tayl - MYM - Haidara

------Tiote-Cabaye----------

-----------Sissoko-----------

Barfa--------------------Gouf

--------------Cisse-----------

At home, excluding against top 4 teams:

Krul

Deb - Tayl - MYM - Santon

------Sissoko-Cabaye-------

-----------Marveaux---------