Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Is he? f*** knows how I missed that, what for?

"Personal issue" or something.  Pardew's mentioned it before.

EDIT: Lazy google of "jonas gutierrez personal" returns http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-team-news-fabricio-coloccini-2465607

while his compatriot Jonas Gutierrez will miss the game against Brendan Roger's high-flyers as he has been allowed to return to his native country for personal reasons.

DOUBLE EDIT:  That apostrophe, ffs.

He's not a winger though really is he?

I would like to see more of him but not really sure how best to use him.

Neither is Sissoko but he plays there often enough.

Just don't see the point in comparing him to a load of wingers. He is a better player than those listed but he shouldn't be playing where they would so you may as well compare him to Debuchy or Colo.

Anita and Cabaye are a closer comparison imo.

I'm guessing there is more to him than we know. He musn't be a good fit for us, or us to him, for whatever reason.

Obviously I'd rather he stays but i've been resigned to him either leaving or never getting a game for a while now anyway.

He should be the alternative to Cabaye in the centre as he is the only one with equivalent creativity, as it is Cabaye if out he gets replaced with defensively minded midfielders who will never create anything, and apparently the club is ok with that, sigh.

Let him go. He will never get playing time frequently and it is a waste of money to pay that much for a bench warmer.

To those who is criticizing pardew, please answer, who should you drop from the starting eleven then?

Guest neesy111

Let him go. He will never get playing time frequently and it is a waste of money to pay that much for a bench warmer.

To those who is criticizing pardew, please answer, who should you drop from the starting eleven then?

Read the bloody thread.

He and nearly all are fine to go as long as it's abroad tbh. Don't want to have to see a player week in and out showing his true worth in a system or style that suits his abilities. (Routledge)

Having said that, I hope he stays and it's Pardew who is gone. Sylv has so much ability, shame we aren't seeing it every week, or more often. Be it manager and the players own fault, or unlucky injuries etc.

Who would you drop for Marveaux and how would we line up?

Sissoko                Cabaye

Marveaux

HBA        Cisse/Gouffran          Remy

With Tiote/Anita making way - For most home games, at least.

Having said that, I hope he stays and it's Pardew who is gone. Sylv has so much ability, shame we aren't seeing it every week, or more often. Be it manager and the players own fault, or unlucky injuries etc.

:nods:.  Marveaux has done more than enough in his limited playing time to at least be deserving of a place on the bench. Pardew just has no clue  how to best utilise players like Marveaux and how to play in a style which suits them, hence why HBA is back on the bench and Pardew is still 'trying to figure out how to get the best out of him' (:lol:).

I'm sure Marveaux would have been on the bench for the last few games but as the article says he has been injured. I don't know why his injury hasn't been mentioned before but I don't think I've seen him in the training pictures for the last few weeks.

For me Marveaux should play in the middle behind the striker/s. Unfortunately for Marveaux, NUFC don't play a formation that suits him. Cabaye sits quite deep for a play maker. I can't see Marveaux holding that same position. I don't rate Marveaux on the wings. He takes a decent corner though.

I doubt we'll get much money if we sell Marveaux. I don't think he would be difficult to replace either.

I'm sure Marveaux would have been on the bench for the last few games but as the article says he has been injured. I don't know why his injury hasn't been mentioned before but I don't think I've seen him in the training pictures for the last few weeks.

For me Marveaux should play in the middle behind the striker/s. Unfortunately for Marveaux, NUFC don't play a formation that suits him. Cabaye sits quite deep for a play maker. I can't see Marveaux holding that same position. I don't rate Marveaux on the wings. He takes a decent corner though.

I doubt we'll get much money if we sell Marveaux. I don't think he would be difficult to replace either.

Prob only get a couple of million for him. Put it towards a bid for Tom Ince

We do realise Marv played in the first two home games of the season where everyone kicked off because we were shit, can anyone remember anything noteworthy that he done? Or did he just stand and watch Ben Arfa try and do everything? Nothing against Marv, i do rate him but he had his chance to shine and stamp down a marker in those games for me ultimately failed.

Since then we have grew as a side, and for me, there's no place in the side for him. He should be on the bench but like Ben Arfa, his work rate needs to improve dramatically. He was substituted for Sammy against West Ham who did more than him when he came on, he was substituted for Remy against Fulham who also did more than him when he came on.

Marv only has to blame himself for that and nobody else, and it’s no surprises that he’s found himself down the pecking order. It’s up to him to work hard in training and get his place back. Whether he is up for that or not is another matter, injuries don’t help his cause though.

Just another player we signed because they were cheap and available, rather than to fulfil any particular role in the team.

He's a talented lad but I don't think he's anything special.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've made my feelings clear on him in this thread. :thup:

Ability without the heart to use it is worthless & I really can't understand anyone pining for him.

He's awful.