Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Sylvain Marveaux ‏@s_marveaux

Great win tonight. Massive fans support again away from home. Back to Newcastle now :)

Fair enough a few fat blokes without their shirts on but the rest of the fans shouldn't be forgotten.

I think he's an excellent technical player with very quick feet, just not sure he'll make it as a Premier league player as he seems a bit weak in the challenge - might be the legacy from all the injuries he's had.

I thought he looked our most inventive player, along with Sissoko. Cabaye will always look poor played so deep.

Yeah he looked so crap in his other games since returning from injury and looked crap for France, i don't really agree he was poor either.

Mind you people were saying he was poor before he got injured and look what happened to the team in his absence :lol:

Guest neesy111

I thought he looked our most inventive player, along with Sissoko. Cabaye will always look poor played so deep.

Yeah he looked so crap in his other games since returning from injury and looked crap for France, i don't really agree he was poor either.

Mind you people were saying he was poor before he got injured and look what happened to the team in his absence :lol:

Stupid post.  Cabaye was hardly in the game at all, most of time I noticed him was during his defensive work or shanking another set piece.

Who would pick him for Sunday and where would you play him?

Sissoko

Cabaye

Jonas

Marveaux

Gouffran

Cisse

Includes Marv while maintaining some width.Also think Sissoko will be further back positionally long-term, obviously with license to come forward on those marauding runs.

Stupid post.  Cabaye was hardly in the game at all, most of time I noticed him was during his defensive work or shanking another set piece.

So basically if a player isn't creating chances or scoring goals...he's crap? good to know.

I agree he's shite at set pieces other than direct free kicks btw, but far too many people ignore how much he does for the team which continues to go unnoticed.

Funny how couple a weeks ago some people were convinced that this role suits him and Sissoko's role suits him and now there are clamors to change everything that is working so well.

Not sure if your aware of this but defensive work is part of the game btw.

Thought he had a great game tbh. We were very well closed down 25 mins in when Metalist remembered they were there to play football, this really cut his attacking threat out as he was limited for space to maneuver in.

He is so neat and smart with the ball, so I was surprised he didn't square that ball for a certain goal. That said I can see how much he wanted the glory to shove down Pardew's throat for dropping him. Ironically he might have earnt himself a place by doing the former and cemented his bench role with the latter.

Think he brings something completely different to our game, for that alone I think he should be starting. With Ben Arfa still out it should be a given he starts.

He did take some of the corners. ???

Thought he was tidy enough on the ball and worked back well second half. Did no more or less than Cabaye. He's evidently a better player in the centre.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.  He's a bit lightweight, but he usually retains possession well and I was amazed at how much tracking he did. 

The miskick at the end  :lol: thank fuck nothing came of that!

I like him, but he wouldn't be in my strongest XI and he certainly isn't in Pardew's.  He's behind Jonas and possibly even Obertan  :( for a slot out wide and we now have Sissoko for the no.10 role.

Still, he's a good option off the bench and a far more intelligent and technical footballer than Obertan or Jonas.  Bonus that he's a lefty as well, just wish we'd use him more at set pieces.  Cabaye's are getting worse if that's possible.

If you pass him the ball, 9 time out of ten, he'll use it well but he doesn't seem the kind of guy to go looking for the ball if you know what i mean. Doesn't try and dictate a game, get on the ball as much as possible and show what he can do.

I think he's an excellent technical player with very quick feet, just not sure he'll make it as a Premier league player as he seems a bit weak in the challenge - might be the legacy from all the injuries he's had.

No offence but that is bullshit. If he was British no one would ever say that.

Criminally treated, had to get some playing time today.at worst should have been on the minute we were 4-2 up.

Not really. He's yet to show he's upto it physically in the Premiership. Especially for what Pardew likes from his players. Compare the energy of Gouffran to Marveaux.

• 2 weeks later...