Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Publius

Most assists last season ffs, we'd not have won some crucial games without him. He's not the best player or anything but he's probably the most creative player after Cabaye we have.

He sucks.

He had the most assists because the only other two creative players we have were out for long periods of the season, and because Cabaye played most of the games he did play sitting deep and playing long balls.

And assists are a pretty shambolic way to measure a player's impact anyway. Just because you get the assist, doesn't mean you created the goal, or were the most important part in creating the chance to score.

Most assists last season ffs, we'd not have won some crucial games without him. He's not the best player or anything but he's probably the most creative player after Cabaye we have.

That's "Damning with faint praise". Marveaux having the most assists for us last season (in a God awful season) shows how poor the return is from our so called "creative players".

Considering the little amount of pitch time afforded to him, I think he's made a very good impact. Can't remember many games where he hasn't been tidy at the very least, and there were several games where he was one of our standout players. In terms of assists/chance creation there wasn't anyone better for us last season, and I don't think we have many players who are better technically.

When has Marveaux ever grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck and gone and got us a win? "A very good impact". You must have your sights set very low. I don't want Marveaux to be a tidy player. I want him (and all the other creative players) to set up chances, score goals and put 100% effort in. His usual contribution is to flit in and out of games, occasionally doing a good pass and occasionally being invisible.

He can't set up chances or score goals if he's not involved.  He's a good player who hasn't really been given a chance, a bit like Anita only with less chances.

Last season he made 22 league appearances, scored 1 and created 6 goals for us.  He hasn't scored enough but he's hardly likely to if he's not given a run of games.

He sucks.

He had the most assists because the only other two creative players we have were out for long periods of the season, and because Cabaye played most of the games he did play sitting deep and playing long balls.

And assists are a pretty shambolic way to measure a player's impact anyway. Just because you get the assist, doesn't mean you created the goal, or were the most important part in creating the chance to score.

:lol: What does it mean then?

He can't set up chances or score goals if he's not involved.  He's a good player who hasn't really been given a chance, a bit like Anita only with less chances.

Last season he made 22 league appearances, scored 1 and created 6 goals for us.  He hasn't scored enough but he's hardly likely to if he's not given a run of games.

My opinion is that he has played in cup games against lower league opposition and he's still had little impact. He never really seems to take his chances. When he has played a game he has never put in such a performance that he can't be dropped for the next game. I'd love him to be good but I just don't see it.

My opinion is that he has played in cup games against lower league opposition and he's still had little impact. He never really seems to take his chances. When he has played a game he has never put in such a performance that he can't be dropped for the next game. I'd love him to be good but I just don't see it.

Did anybody stand out in the cup games?  I don't remember them doing so.  I'm not trying to make out that he's brilliant, I just haven't seen anything to make me want to write him off.

A quality player who both fans and manager ridicule. That pass he made for Cisse against either Stoke or Fulham last year was cutting edge, that's what he's all about. But he's played out on the wing instead of behind the striker/as a No.10. Why is this? Why? Fucking why, you stupid blind cunt, Pardew? He doesn't have the pace to be a winger or inside forward. What he does best is drop into pockets of space between the lines and create.

But it's fine, lets just slate him and call him ineffective and useless because he cant play well out of position.

And for those calling Obertan as an 'impact' substitute, you need a smack. If I wanted us to run down the clock, then yes, I might bring him on if I was having a hellish nightmare. All he does is run into cul-de-sacs by the corner flags. He can't beat a man ffs, his pace is undermined by his lack of technical ability and intelligence. Utter turbo shite, man.

Guest Publius

He sucks.

It isn't hard to understand really.

See Cisse getting the assist for HBA goal against Villa, when it was Remy's work that created the chance.

He sucks.

See Cisse getting the assist for HBA goal against Villa, when it was Remy's work that created the chance.

So if Ben Arfa has the ball on the wing, Santon overlaps and takes away their FB allowing Hatem to cross and we score directly from that, Santon should get the assist credit? You don't work for ProZone do you?

Guest Publius

He sucks.

So if Ben Arfa has the ball on the wing, Santon overlaps and takes away their FB allowing Hatem to cross and we score directly from that, Santon should get the assist credit? You don't work for ProZone do you?

Tell me where i said anything remotely like that. Jesus.

He sucks.

Tell me where i said anything remotely like that. Jesus.

:idiot2:

I suggest you go watch that goal and then tell me how that is anything like the nonsense you just trotted out.

I'm not saying that my example and that incident match, they don't. But what I mean is that in that case, if Remy crossed it, he gets accredited with an assist. Not Cisse.

Guest Publius

:idiot2:

I suggest you go watch that goal and then tell me how that is anything like the nonsense you just trotted out.

I'm not saying that my example and that incident match, they don't. But what I mean is that in that case, if Remy crossed it, he gets accredited with an assist. Not Cisse.

Remy did cross it; Cisse got a touch in the box.

If we were to revert to 442 after 20 mins, we should've hoyed him on instead of Sissoko or Le Gouf. Meh, what's the point. I'm tired of even commenting on our performances, the nest few games are looking to be really, really bad. And all televised of course. *Sigh*

If we were to revert to 442 after 20 mins, we should've hoyed him on instead of Sissoko or Le Gouf. Meh, what's the point. I'm tired of even commenting on our performances, the nest few games are looking to be really, really bad. And all televised of course. *Sigh*

He wasn't on the bench.

I'm with Mistle on the assists being OCCASIONALLY bullshit craic.

Bottom line is, as someone mentioned previously, when has Marv taken the game by the scruff off the neck and done an HBA style saviour of the universe performance? Never. He hasn't even attempted it and failed, he's constantly anonymous or losing the ball in the middle of the pitch needlessly. He's also weak as piss and not the quickest. Does he even lift?

Guest firetotheworks

Heard a rumour from someone inside NUFC that he's got a shit attitude and doesn't track back enough and put in a tackle. Make ov that wot u will!