Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

I suspect it was the wage that put us off not the injury. We thought we could get him for £4m and £40k/week, turned out he wanted £45k/week or possibly a little more. Meanwhile Pardew phones Alex and gets confirmation he can get Obertan for £2m and probably around £25k/week. Cut-price Ashley considers the relative merits of the two deals. No contest. :(

I seriously doubt we went in thinking we could get Barnetta for 40k and passed on it because he wanted 45k like... :D

I suspect it was the wage that put us off not the injury. We thought we could get him for £4m and £40k/week, turned out he wanted £45k/week or possibly a little more. Meanwhile Pardew phones Alex and gets confirmation he can get Obertan for £2m and probably around £25k/week. Cut-price Ashley considers the relative merits of the two deals. No contest. :(

I seriously doubt we went in thinking we could get Barnetta for 40k and passed on it because he wanted 45k like... :D

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/FantazDick/motivational%20posters/CommonSense.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Sure that Douglas is saying that this move isn't going to happen on a recent reply to someone's tweet.

He did but he also said its a game changer now Barton will be gone, winking that it could be back on again.

Massive cockteasing if you ask me.

If we were going to sign Barnetta we wouldn't have bought Obertan IMO. We went for the cheaper and short sighted option I'm afraid. Honestly I should start up a twitter account I'd be a lot more insightful than Douglas, the prick.

If we were going to sign Barnetta we wouldn't have bought Obertan IMO. We went for the cheaper and short sighted option I'm afraid. Honestly I should start up a twitter account I'd be a lot more insightful than Douglas, the prick.

Pardew has since said after obertan signed, that if Joey leaves they will look to bring in a very good replacement.

Not saying this will happen, as our recruitment is something else. However, this is what Pardew has siad. Obertan looks to have been more of a replacement for Routledge.

Guest bimpy474

Barnetta's ability to play in other positions may help us, especially in front of the back four, Tiote and the ANC and all.

Clutching at short straws i know but......its that or total depression.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think Obertan will turn out to be our striker signing.