Current line up...

madras

I would currently play:

------------------Krul--------------------

Simpson---Taylor----Colo--------Enrique

Barton----Cabaye----Tiote-------Jonas

--------------------Benarfa----------

--------------Ba---------------------

Pretty robust midfield that, you need that in the prem, think we would be too lightweight if we replaced Jonas and barton on the wings, also think Ben arfa would link up with midfield well and turn defense into attack reasonably easy.

Need some experienced campaigners in there as well to back up the newbies...

Guest Nikos34

Am I the only person who would find a spot in the team for little Ferguson?

The kid looks class and has never put a foot wrong. I think he has been one of the best players on the pitch whenever he's played.

Krul

(New Signing)        S.Taylor          Coloccini          Enrique

Tiote

Cabaye                  Jonas

Ben Arfa                                                          Ferguson

Ba

Am I the only person who would find a spot in the team for little Ferguson?

The kid looks class and has never put a foot wrong. I think he has been one of the best players on the pitch whenever he's played.

Krul

(New Signing)        S.Taylor          Coloccini          Enrique

Tiote

Cabaye                  Jonas

Ben Arfa                                                          Ferguson

Ba

Yes.

Guest Nikos34

Jonas can't be played in the middle, it would be disastrous.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think the position would be perfect for him, especially alongside other busy creative players (unlike last season). He'll run all day and would influence a game so much more through the middle, where he would see a lot more of the ball. I can't believe some of the criticism he gets on here. The guy is a great player. He was arguably man of the match against Chelsea at the end of last season, where he seemed to play more centrally supporting the front man.

Guest Nikos34

Dropping Barton for Ferguson is going a bit far.

Well I'd like Barton in the side next season too but he'll have to agree to a pay cut and sign his contract before he gets back in my good books.

Well I'd like Barton in the side next season too but he'll have to agree to a pay cut and sign his contract before he gets back in my good books.

I agree, to an extent.  We do not really know what he was offered, or wanted.  If he is going after the 5 year security blanket Nolan was, fair play to the club.  No way is he worth it.  Personally, I would offer an extra year on what he has on better money and an option for another year then, not before.  He clearly wont wign that though.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think the position would be perfect for him, especially alongside other busy creative players (unlike last season). He'll run all day and would influence a game so much more through the middle, where he would see a lot more of the ball. I can't believe some of the criticism he gets on here. The guy is a great player. He was arguably man of the match against Chelsea at the end of last season, where he seemed to play more centrally supporting the front man.

I'm just afraid he would loose the ball too much in critical areas. His delivery of the ball is undoubtedly not good enough to be given such a heavy role in the team. I agree he has a very good engine and can run all day, but he will cause less trouble for our team in a wide role. He always tends to run to much with the ball though, and when going in towards the middle of the field he ends up loosing the ball due to poor determination.

Guest Nikos34

I agree, to an extent.  We do not really know what he was offered, or wanted.  If he is going after the 5 year security blanket Nolan was, fair play to the club.  No way is he worth it.  Personally, I would offer an extra year on what he has on better money and an option for another year then, not before.  He clearly wont wign that though.

Ideally I think everyone concerned would sooner see him stay, from Ashley right through to us fans. But despite what he might 'Tweet', the decision is in his own hands. He either extends his stay with our club for a few less grand a week or joins another for a few less grand a week. Hopefully he won't be stubborn and he'll stay.

We've got a tough start so I'd start Jonas to begin with and introduce Marveaux slowly. We can't be starting a lot of new players together against the likes of Arsenal and Sunderland, two massive games.

For those I'd probably go

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Enrique

Barton    Tiote    Cabaye    Jonas

Best      Ba

Then look to bring Ben Arfa off and Marveaux off the bench. /tinhat

Guest Nikos34

I'm just afraid he would loose the ball too much in critical areas. His delivery of the ball is undoubtedly not good enough to be given such a heavy role in the team. I agree he has a very good engine and can run all day, but he will cause less trouble for our team in a wide role. He always tends to run to much with the ball though, and when going in towards the middle of the field he ends up loosing the ball due to poor determination.

I honestly do think he'd be effective in a more involved central role. He'd definitely be a lot more positive in possession than many others we've had in there in recent seasons. And if alongside Tiote and Cabaye, who will always make themselves available, I think that could be an extremely difficult midfield for teams to play against. Also, I think you're underestimating his ability to compete for the ball. He's tougher than you think.

We've got a tough start so I'd start Jonas to begin with and introduce Marveaux slowly. We can't be starting a lot of new players together against the likes of Arsenal and Sunderland, two massive games.

For those I'd probably go

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Enrique

Barton    Tiote    Cabaye    Jonas

Best      Ba

Then look to bring Ben Arfa off and Marveaux off the bench. /tinhat

Agreee, however a good pre season would make it easier.  Playing a new team straight off would give the others something to think about (think Hatem v Everton) and might just work out.  Could go pear shaped mind!

The Jonas in the centre thing will never be a good idea, it's probably why he's always played on the wing. He runs loads on the wing cos he's got space there. He'd get crowded out in the centre. His languid running style means that his ball control is a bit unorthodox, and he's not technically brilliant either; it's just not his game. Runs with his head down a lot too. I don't think he's suited for the centre one bit, and would surrender possession quite frequently.

We all know what Jonas is about (and just to go all FM for a sec) - direct running, stamina, pace, determination - they're his chief attributes, and you need more than that for the centre. I wouldn't even have him there in a 4-3-3. He's a winger, plain and simple.

The Jonas in the centre thing will never be a good idea, it's probably why he's always played on the wing. He runs loads on the wing cos he's got space there. He'd get crowded out in the centre. His languid running style means that his ball control is a bit unorthodox, and he's not technically brilliant either; it's just not his game. Runs with his head down a lot too. I don't think he's suited for the centre one bit, and would surrender possession quite frequently.

We all know what Jonas is about (and just to go all FM for a sec) - direct running, stamina, pace, determination - they're his chief attributes, and you need more than that for the centre. I wouldn't even have him there in a 4-3-3. He's a winger, plain and simple.

This.  Lost in the middle, totally lost. 

Guest Nikos34

So because he is fit, fast and tricky he would be of no use in there? He would shine much more in a position where he would be constantly involved rather than being starved of the ball out wide. Especially this season where it looks as if we are going to have a much more mobile attacking midfield unit than we've had in the last few seasons. With Ben Arfa back and if this Marveaux turns out to be any good as a winger along with Ferguson, then I think Jonas would be ideal in a roaming midfield role where he could buzz around and frustrate the opposition. People seem to be playing far too much Football Manager on here. A player's position is not set in stone in the real world and teams should be flexible. A decent manager should experiment and try ideas such as this. They train everyday don't they?

Guest Nikos34

A lot comes down to who peforms in pre-season of course. I'd like to think Super Leon will have another good one, and it'll be him, Ba and Ben Arfa anihilating Arsenal on the first day.

Best was looking like a proper player just before he got injured. Why all of a sudden is he being told to find another club? Or is that just more paper talk? I wouldn't of thought his wages are too high either.

So because he is fit, fast and tricky he would be of no use in there? He would shine much more in a position where he would be constantly involved rather than being starved of the ball out wide. Especially this season where it looks as if we are going to have a much more mobile attacking midfield unit than we've had in the last few seasons. With Ben Arfa back and if this Marveaux turns out to be any good as a winger along with Ferguson, then I think Jonas would be ideal in a roaming midfield role where he could buzz around and frustrate the opposition. People seem to be playing far too much Football Manager on here. A player's position is not set in stone in the real world and teams should be flexible. A decent manager should experiment and try ideas such as this. They train everyday don't they?

No. He would be of no use there because of the reasons i mentioned. Scroll up cos i can't be bothered to write them again.