Current line up...

madras

Agreed. It's more about where we're battling for than anything. I'd just like to be closer to battling for 7th place than being in the pack who could end anywhere from 8th-14th like this season.

Agreed. It's more about where we're battling for than anything. I'd just like to be closer to battling for 7th place than being in the pack who could end anywhere from 8th-14th like this season.

If we can seriously push and get above the Evertons of the world after this shakeup, I'll be delighted.

:thup:

I can't see us getting any better than a 10th place finish tbh.

We will most likely sell Enrique, Barton and perhaps Jonas/Colo and will buy inadequate replacements and be funcked like every other season under Fatty...

I will change my mood when we get a classy striker in (8M+)... perhaps a couple of defenders and not selling the above names.

Hiccup!

I think 8th would be progress, although i'll be happy if we avoid relegation fight TBH.

This is how i see the team ATM, ( i see Barton gone).

Krul

Simpson      Coloccini      Taylor        Enrique

Cabaye        Tiote

Marveaux              Ben Arfa              Jonas

Ba

This. Although I imagine we will sign another striker, drop Jonas and move Barfa out wide.

The mind boggles if 8th is a failure. That top 7 has been pretty much established for 5 or 6 years give or take an occasional poor season  and then you've got City's cash in there.

:thup:

I think 8th would be progress, although i'll be happy if we avoid relegation fight TBH.

This is how i see the team ATM, ( i see Barton gone).

Krul

Simpson      Coloccini      Taylor        Enrique

Cabaye        Tiote

Marveaux              Ben Arfa              Jonas

Ba

That's a decent team, although Simpson looks the odd man out.

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    Coloccini    Enrique

Barton          Cabaye      Tiote        Gutierrez

Ben Arfa*    Ba

*withdraw, rather than 'out-and-out'.

Obviously there's more fire-power upfront there but it's not significantly better than what we finished with, imo. I would absolutely love to see us sign another centre-back, cos neither Taylor or Williamson are the answer where Colo's 'ideal partner' are concerned. God forbid if Jose goes, too. Not adequately replacing him would severely weaken us, both from an attacking and defensive pov. And whilst Cabaye looks to be a good player, Nolan gave us 13 goals from centre-mid last year. We haven't replaced that.

Disappointed to hear that there might only be a couple more signings. I was hoping for wholesale changes and given the time to plan and the money to spend, i wouldn't have thought that was too greedy a request. I was hoping we might shape up with a different line-up altogether.

This is the sort of thing i've been lusting after since the transfer window began, but is becoming evermore like a pipe dream:

Krul

Simpson    Samba?**    Coloccini    Enrique

Tiote

Barton        Cabaye

N'Zogbia                                                  Ben Arfa

Ba

**not necessarily him, but basically just a better CB than Taylor or Williamson.

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    Coloccini    Enrique

Barton          Cabaye      Tiote        Gutierrez

Ben Arfa*    Ba

*withdraw, rather than 'out-and-out'.

Obviously there's more fire-power upfront there but it's not significantly better than what we finished with, imo. I would absolutely love to see us sign another centre-back, cos neither Taylor or Williamson are the answer where Colo's 'ideal partner' are concerned. God forbid if Jose goes, too. Not adequately replacing him would severely weaken us, both from an attacking and defensive pov. And whilst Cabaye looks to be a good player, Nolan gave us 13 goals from centre-mid last year. We haven't replaced that.

Disappointed to hear that there might only be a couple more signings. I was hoping for wholesale changes and given the time to plan and the money to spend, i wouldn't have thought that was too greedy a request. I was hoping we might shape up with a different line-up altogether.

This is the sort of thing i've been lusting after since the transfer window began, but is becoming evermore like a pipe dream:

Krul

Simpson    Samba?**    Coloccini    Enrique

Tiote

Barton        Cabaye

N'Zogbia                                                  Ben Arfa

Ba

**not necessarily him, but basically just a better CB than Taylor or Williamson.

It is increasingly likely that the starting line up against Arsenal will be this.

I can't see us getting any better than a 10th place finish tbh.

We will most likely sell Enrique, Barton and perhaps Jonas/Colo and will buy inadequate replacements and be funcked like every other season under Fatty...

I will change my mood when we get a classy striker in (8M+)... perhaps a couple of defenders and not selling the above names.

Hiccup!

Wait, so the class of the striker depends on the price?

brb, buying Emile Heskey for £10m.

Guest Wearside

Some scary comments on this thread...........

Let's get something straight right away........

Europe via league position is completely and I mean completely out of the question for teams like Newcastle or Sunderland.

Utd

Chelsea

City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Spurs

None of us can catch those clubs....FACT

Everyone else is playing for 7th with Sunlun,Newcastle,Villa,Everton favourites for that position and you couldn't predict who is better at this stage.

7th can't be Europa League?

Only top 5 qualify for europe via a league position.

Not if the top 5 win the FA Cup and/or the Carling Cup. You weren't so downbeat on the chances of reaching sixth in January like. Bless you. :lol:

Guest Wearside

7th can't be Europa League?

Only top 5 qualify for europe via a league position.

Not if the top 5 win the FA Cup and/or the Carling Cup. You weren't so downbeat on the chances of reaching sixth in January like. Bless you. :lol:

Aye,Arsenal put a dagger through our hearts,knew then it was a no go.F***ing Birmingham man,in Europe while in the Championship,boils my p***.

From the Chronicle.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4462/blogonthetynetopteam306.jpg

Not sure how people are certain Marveaux is better than Gutierrez, but anyway.

Only five subs as well.

Decent team that. Without injuries it's definetly up for top 6 if we have a great season. It's possible imo.

If Cabaye really turns out as good as it seems than that could be a real great midfield.

Still think that Jonas should be in that on the left instead of Marveaux, though. .

Jonas will start ahead of Marveaux against Arsenal, I think. Hopefully, it won't take long for the new signings to blend because we've got the making of a really decent side here.

At this moment I'd put Everton in their own little bubble in 7th. Depends who they sell and if they buy a striker depends on whether they'll do any better/worse

Guest kingdawson

From the Chronicle.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4462/blogonthetynetopteam306.jpg

Not sure how people are certain Marveaux is better than Gutierrez, but anyway.

Only five subs as well.

eh? the five sub rule is back for next season?

Some scary comments on this thread...........

Let's get something straight right away........

Europe via league position is completely and I mean completely out of the question for teams like Newcastle or Sunderland.

Utd

Chelsea

City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Spurs

None of us can catch those clubs....FACT

Everyone else is playing for 7th with Sunlun,Newcastle,Villa,Everton favourites for that position and you couldn't predict who is better at this stage.

Yes I can. We're comfortably better than you. Problem solved.