The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Without Abramovic, ManU and Arsenal would have won the PL 16 years on the trot.

On their own merit though.

Mind you, I'm the first that loathes how money has tipped the scales in football so dramatically (and yes, I'm a fan of one of the clubs at the top of the food chain), but we can't pretend City are dramatically worse than the other big clubs that just buy up everything that moves because 100000000 Chinese buy their shirts. They are just the crassest case.

Aye, having said that people say Chelsea and Man City have bought their way to the top, Man United's squad wasn't cheap.

Ferguson built that from simply being better than everybody else though, fair play to them. They have never simply had external money pumped in arbitrarily.

Great goal.

Aye, having said that people say Chelsea and Man City have bought their way to the top, Man United's squad wasn't cheap.

If you honestly can't see the massive difference between the way the two sides were built you're on glue tbh. :lol:

But Man Utd haven't been bank rolled by a billionaire, they have accumulated money buy being successful by building squads from from scratch and then distributing their merchandise word wide.

Ferguson built that from simply being better than everybody else though, fair play to them. They have never simply had external money pumped in arbitrarily.

Great goal.

That's true, but that position of dominance has become a self-fulfilling circle. It's not different from a big company using their market share to stomp on their smaller competitors.

If you honestly can't see the massive difference between the way the two sides were built you're on glue tbh. :lol:

Obviously I can, I was addressing the silly amounts of money being spent point.

As horrible as it is, the City way is the only way someone new was going to win the title. Can't blame them at all.

This. I've nothing against City at all because the only chance of success in this league is by spending shitloads of cash, there's no alternative. If you want to see the same couple of teams winning the league until the end of time move to Scotland.

It's gonna be a long drive back to London....