The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

La Liga > Premier League

Nah. Real Madrid/Barca >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other Spanish sides.

They'd piss allover the Prem too, though.

Quite probably. Doesn't mean the overall quality of La Liga is better.

The quality of the bottom half of the Prem is grossly overrated. Some absolute dross in this league.

Fair proportion of fans who mistake 'excitement' for 'quality' and swallow Sky's "bestest league in the world shite". A game can be exciting and end-to-end but full of poor football. Poor football = mistakes = goals =/= quality football.

La Liga > Premier League

The quality of the bottom half of the Prem is grossly overrated. Some absolute dross in this league.

The quality of bottom half teams in every European league is pretty shocking tbf. Think a lot of people actually overrate La Liga as we're only shown games involving the top teams, the majority of which are 90 mins of attack v defence.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching La Liga, but in terms of overall entertainment the PL trumps it.

La Liga > Premier League

Fair proportion of fans who mistake 'excitement' for 'quality' and swallow Sky's "bestest league in the world shite". A game can be exciting and end-to-end but full of poor football. Poor football = mistakes = goals =/= quality football.

Definitely. I find it funny how people say Spanish players couldn't handle the physicality of the Prem, as if it's some kind of achievement that we have the most brutal league in Europe.

Most English players would look like fish out of water in Spain. Look at Pennant, sole creative outlet for last years cup finalists in England... as much use as a chocolate fireguard in Spain.

La Liga > Premier League

The quality of bottom half teams in every European league is pretty shocking tbf. Think a lot of people actually overrate La Liga as we're only shown games involving the top teams, the majority of which are 90 mins of attack v defence.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching La Liga, but in terms of overall entertainment the PL trumps it.

That depends on your definition of entertainment.

La Liga > Premier League

I honestly find as much enjoyment in both leagues. There's good and bad games on a regular basis.

I find the bottom half of Spain and Italy to be unbearably boring. England, France, and Germany are the only leagues where I am strongly interested and entertained by all 20/18 sides in the league.

Germany has the most balanced league by a mile.

La Liga > Premier League

They'd p*ss allover the Prem too, though.

Fair proportion of fans who mistake 'excitement' for 'quality' and swallow Sky's "bestest league in the world s****". A game can be exciting and end-to-end but full of poor football. Poor football = mistakes = goals =/= quality football.

Definitely. I find it funny how people say Spanish players couldn't handle the physicality of the Prem, as if it's some kind of achievement that we have the most brutal league in Europe.

Most English players would look like fish out of water in Spain. Look at Pennant, sole creative outlet for last years cup finalists in England... as much use as a chocolate fireguard in Spain.

Pennant is rubbish in England as well. Pennant is rubbish everywhere. Pennant is rubbish generally.

You're entertained by Wigan Athletic? I didn't think that was possible.

Diame, Rodallega, Figeuroa, Moses, and Watson are all entertaining players. Wigan play decent football. The only sides in England I truly find uninteresting/will not watch are Stoke, Blackburn, and Fulham.

La Liga > Premier League

Fair proportion of fans who mistake 'excitement' for 'quality' and swallow Sky's "bestest league in the world s****". A game can be exciting and end-to-end but full of poor football. Poor football = mistakes = goals =/= quality football.

Pennant is rubbish in England as well. Pennant is rubbish everywhere. Pennant is rubbish generally.

Pennant has been a revelation for Stoke.

I find the bottom half of Spain and Italy to be unbearably boring. England, France, and Germany are the only leagues where I am strongly interested and entertained by all 20/18 sides in the league.

Germany has the most balanced league by a mile.

Aye, best league around atm for me.

You're entertained by Wigan Athletic? I didn't think that was possible.

Diame, Rodallega, Figeuroa, Moses, and Watson are all entertaining players. Wigan play decent football. The only sides in England I truly find uninteresting/will not watch are Stoke, Blackburn, and Fulham.

Ben Watson?  :lol:

La Liga > Premier League

it's a pretty poor argument really, different leagues have different strengths and weaknesses. some players won't adapt. look at borja valero flopping badly here, but amazing in la liga. or Xisco having one of the top goals per minute ratios in Spain, and being a joke here. doesn't mean anything. doesnt help that Pennant is pretty mediocre anyway, or that Stoke are the most extreme proponent of physical football and finished lower mid-table.

what i would say is that Spain is even less balanced than the premiership. it's disgraceful the way they divvy up tv money and they could learn a thing or two from us about that.

La Liga > Premier League

it's a pretty poor argument really, different leagues have different strengths and weaknesses.

That was exactly my point, man. The fact the media use it as a beating stick for Spanish players coming over here yet because our players are so insular there is no comparison to be made.

La Liga > Premier League

Fast-paced. End-to-end. Certainly more likely to get such a game in English football. Full of mistakes perhaps, but more watchable imo.

Think if Sky subjected us regularly to games involving 2 lesser Spanish sides, opinion would be different.

La Liga > Premier League

Fast-paced. End-to-end. Certainly more likely to get such a game in English football. Full of mistakes perhaps, but more watchable imo.

Think if Sky subjected us regularly to games involving 2 lesser Spanish sides, opinion would be different.

Personally, I prefer watching a more technical game where possession is slowly built up.