The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest bimpy474

Playing advantage doesn't normally stop referees bringing play back for a penalty, does it?

No but they have had the advantage already surely? They had a near open net, should it be brought back just because he missed it?

Torres. :lol:

Thats all irrelevent mate, the way the rules work, example would be the Fulham game, Hoillet taken out after he has headed his shot on goal, yellow for Fulhams keeper and then a Free kick given, in the area in this game it should have been a pen, the incidents are identical except for their locations.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Funny how Rosenthal has become the benchmark against which all misses have subsequently been measured - there've been worse since.

Aye, you're right!

Nile Ranger would have been proud of a miss like that.

Funny how Rosenthal has become the benchmark against which all misses have subsequently been measured - there've been worse since.

As Fugazi hinted at before, it might be the commentary that makes it stand out.

Fuckin' hell, that was awful.  He's done.

He's been great today tbh.

Because he managed to score 1? He should have 3 by now if he was confident on the ball like he was at Liverpool.

No. His general play has been good. He's looked extremly sharp, set up Ramires for what should have been a goal, and almost scored earlier where he skinned two players and forced a good save from De Gea. I was saying he was finished, too, before the start of the season, but I've seen enough to change my mind.