Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest VaVaVoom

Easily our best and most important player.

That contract offer, if true, represents that.

I did think he was on more than 55k a week though.

Get it signed Colo.

The cynical side of me is slightly concerned that the press are "leaking" the details of the contract offer; it's very reminiscent of the way the Barton/Nolan/Enrique contract negotiations were reported... (Whereas the deals for Jonas/Tiote/etc seemed to just "happen".)

hmm, i'm slightly concerned by the term 'mega money' in the article, it's the exact same stuff we saw with enrique. and i'm sorry but 55 grand a week simply isnt mega money in football anymore.

that said, i'll be more pleased with this signing than any we made over the summer or are likely to make in january and fair play to the club for recognising he has to stay if we want to continue to improve. they'd be fucking idiots if they didnt like.

The cynical side of me is slightly concerned that the press are "leaking" the details of the contract offer; it's very reminiscent of the way the Barton/Nolan/Enrique contract negotiations were reported... (Whereas the deals for Jonas/Tiote/etc seemed to just "happen".)

hmm, i'm slightly concerned by the term 'mega money' in the article, it's the exact same stuff we saw with enrique. and i'm sorry but 55 grand a week simply isnt mega money in football anymore.

That's why it says it's higher than 55 grand ;)

That's why it says it's higher than 55 grand ;)

'just above'  O0

Must admit, I took the phrase 'over the current 55k' to mean the club's wage ceiling rather than 'just over' Colo's current wage.

Anyway, sign the fucker up. Buffoonery of the highest order not to renew his deal.

When Woodgate played for us in 2003 he had that composure of a truly quality centre half and people said he was the best centre half they'd seen play for the club. Do you think Colo has at the very least equalled that if not bettered?? Just looks so composed.

When Woodgate played for us in 2003 he had that composure of a truly quality centre half and people said he was the best centre half they'd seen play for the club. Do you think Colo has at the very least equalled that if not bettered?? Just looks so composed.

agree with this.

Just like Douglas know exactly what we have offered Colo  :lol:

I don't doubt that it's come directly from the club tbh.

Why would they do that?

Put pressure on the player and his agent, and to tell the fans that we're trying (opinions differ on how seriously...). We already knew there was an offer on the table - Pardew said so weeks ago on Five Live.

As others have pointed out, we've done this before with less than satisfactory outcomes. Hope this doesn't go the same way.

As others have pointed out, we've done this before with less than satisfactory outcomes. Hope this doesn't go the same way.

colo's already said he wants to stay right?  so they're saying it's not less than his current wage and is long term at his age

only way this goes wrong is if he's a greedy cunt

:troll:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just like Douglas know exactly what we have offered Colo  :lol:

I don't doubt that it's come directly from the club tbh.

Why would they do that?

Put pressure on the player and his agent, and to tell the fans that we're trying. We already knew there was an offer on the table - Pardew said so weeks ago on Five Live.

Hasn't colo indicated he wants to stay recently?

colo's already said he wants to stay right?  so they're saying it's not less than his current wage and is long term at his age

:troll:

Precisely...

Hm.