Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

• 2 weeks later...

It's the calmness and organisation he brings to the defence more than anything.  Well, that and him being an amazing defender.  Without him, there is no leadership at the back.

The lack of leadership in our team was noticeable yesterday. Keegan always said his great side contained 8 or 9 "captains".

Don't like saying it as we HAVE progressed but in games like yesterday we would have benefited from Nolan/Barton type prescence.

Just found myself thinking about what fucking masterclass this man is. And what a huge difference he makes to our team.

Was reading a piece about his inclusion in the PFA Team of the Year recently where they highlighted his curve, going from absolute flop to the hights of today. One of the best CBs in Europe.

Please be fit for the mackems.

There was a question about him on last week's World Football Phone In :smug:

Just saying he's Argentina's best centre back and he's likely to become first choice again.

Last week as in this Saturday's?`Haven't been able to listen yet.

Fucking amazing 1,5 hrs listening to that podcast btw.

There was a question about him on last week's World Football Phone In :smug:

Just saying he's Argentina's best centre back and he's likely to become first choice again.

Last week as in this Saturday's?`Haven't been able to listen yet.

Fucking amazing 1,5 hrs listening to that podcast btw.

Aye, last Saturday. This one is only an hour long because theyre live from a world record 5-a-side attempt.

Even though it would be bad for us I'd be over the moon for him if he was starting at the next World Cup for them.

The way Argentina are playing at the moment I can't see it happening unless someone gets injured. They've got a pretty settled first XI at moment. Barring injury he'll definitely be in the squad though.