Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

All a bit FUBAR this situation. Either way, properly shocked at the way some people are reacting to this and talking about Colo.

Regardless of what he does now he has been a great servant of the club and I don't begrudge him a move now, especially if there is a decent reason for it. I certainly don't like the fact he wants to go and the timing, but some things are more important than football, he only wants to return home, which puts us in a bad position if the other team can't pay for him. We are certainly entitled to get some kind of compensation as a club but things are obviously a lot less clear cut than anyone on here knows. He isn't going to turn into another Michael Owen or like because Colo stuck with us through relegation and brought us up to fourth last season and has been a role model for everyone. We have no reason to doubt his professionalism on past evidence, deserves better than some of the comments on here imo.

A quick question, rant aside. If we have turned down his request to leave, what happens if he just f***s off to Argentina anyway. We can fine him his wages until he returns but can we fine him more for compensation?

Regardless of his exemplary past, walking out on us without coming clean during a relegation fight and whilst he is captain is still 'Owen'ish. If I cheated on my partner especially when she is in poor health, my past loyalty counts for nothing. Why should it be different for footballers and Colo. Appreciate what he has done for us in the past by all means, but if he walks out on us now, call a spade a spade. He'd be leaving us in the s*** and deserves no respect

A job is a little bit different to a relationship though..although I can see the parallel to how we view him to us.  A job is a job at the end of the day, he is going to be retired in 3 years, his wife and kids are with him for life, there is more to life than football especially now he is in his 30's.

I agree it doesn't sound unreasonable for him to stay until the summer, but we also don't know the full details, and until we do its pointless and to be fair a little insulting berating probably our most professional player over the past four years. The club obviously deem it serious enough to have these meetings. If was trivial we wouldn't have gone to all this trouble.

Happy enough to call him a cunt like if the rumors are true though!

David Craig on SSN saying he hasn't walked out, however the club are concerned that he's been getting the wrong advice from his advisors and are concerned he wont turn up for training

Not really telling us much there

Lost a lot of respect for him now like. If his wife really was truly ill, we'd have given him a couple of weeks off and told him to go to Argentina to see her. The silence, media blackout and sudden desire to leave ASAP really looks like he's been caught bucking. Can't think of another reason why he'd act like such a cunt.

He has not cheated on his wife.

I just hope he does not get tarnished by this if he walks and the situation then gets properly explained.

People are being a bit thick and too easily believing slander and lies.

I'd be very disappointed in him if he does walk out, but I'm not buying this story at face value. I'll wait til we hear something from the club/player.

On a side note, is it just me that's noticed the Independent writing a few shite hawking articles on NUFC recently?

I just hope he does not get tarnished by this if he walks and the situation then gets properly explained.

So you know for a fact he hasn't? Can I go ahead and get Saturdays lottery numbers while you're there?

So you know for a fact he hasn't? Can I go ahead and get Saturdays lottery numbers while you're there?

I know the British media, it has been widely reported that they have been informed of the issue, and if he cheated the media would tell us!

I know the British media, it has been widely reported that they have been informed of the issue, and if he cheated the media would tell us!

Not necessarily like. Maybe his lass has been caught bucking?

No matter what it is, I think we can all agree that the 'his lass is ill' excuse was total bollocks.

No matter what it is, I think we can all agree that the 'his lass is ill' excuse was total bollocks.

I think you and others are being very stupid.

Based on what we know the bad things being said of Colo and his family are the least rational explanations.

Colo had been here a while. There hadn't been any sign that he was unhappy at the club or in the area, so I think we can safely assume that the personal reasons behind all this must be strong. So really, there's no choice but to let him go. Trying to pressure him or persuade him doesn't sound the right idea.

Biggest problem is if we don't have time to replace him. Can't really blame the club for that, at least they have managed to get a Centre Half and right Back in so are clearly listening and trying to improve.

Be horrible though if he does go and stuck with Williamson really

I think you and others are being very stupid.

Based on what we know the bad things being said of Colo and his family are the least rational explanations.

Aye well, we'll see. It always comes out in the end.

This whole thing is just so incredibly weird, there's not even any point in speculating. I appreciate that the club and Colo have tried to keep it secret, much better than the likes of Tevez/Rooney who came out crying to the media, but this has gone on long enough now and is so widely reported that making some sort of statement would probably be for the best.