Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Leaving his ethical shortcomings aside, he's indisputably been one of the best five defenders we've had since the Premiership began. I'd say that the decision to move on - should it come - is probably one year too late; it's just been exacerbated by our poor recruitment policy not signing a centre half to partner him to complement his skill set/mask his weaknesses. He's been here what 8 years? Thinking beyond the likely acrimonious exit, I'd say he has done more good than bad in his time here. He'd get a firm handshake and a thanks as opposed to a hug, but I don't despise him.

Very good footballer, average defender, shite captain.

Might be an average defender, but up until a year ago was still probably the best central defender on our books for the last few years. That says more about our shit recruitment policy than anything else.

Very good footballer, average defender, shite captain.

I think 3 years ago that summed him up perfectly.

Aye, he got away with alot because he had a decent footballing brain. He could read the game quite well, which made up for his severe lack in physical presence.

Whatever we gained by having him on the pitch, we lost because he was supposed to be a leader and leaders can't be mutes.

Forced hba out the club, caused a dressing room devide, never spoke directly to the fans, said fuck all on the pitch and disappeared back home every opportunity he could get...as well as providing some of the most gutless performances in recent years, all to the tune of £80kpw.

Newcastle captain ladies and gentlemen. No wonder we are where we are.

I fucking hate him.

Forced Ben Arfa out the club :lol:

He had a huge say in him being pushed out like.

By all accounts Ben Arfa was disliked by a fair percentage of the squad for being an atrocious professional. His leaving certainly isn't one to pin on Coloccini, as much as we'd still like to see 'God' in a Newcastle shirt.

Forced Ben Arfa out the club :lol:

Laugh all you want but he forced pardew to choose between him and a merry band of cunts wanting to stay on his side against hba who wasn't applying himself in training and laughed in colos face when he confronted him several times. Me or him, Pardew sided with his captain, sent hba to hull while those who sided with him have never really played for the club again either (Marv, sameobi, bigi, kemen)

Coloccini doesn't have the strength of character to force anyone out of anything. Shola played the biggest part in Hatem's departure in terms of the playing staff - he despised him. Sammy liked him, on the other hand.

Coloccini doesn't have the strength of character to force anyone out of anything. Shola played the biggest part in Hatem's departure in terms of the playing staff - he despised him. Sammy liked him, on the other hand.

What's the story behind Shola not liking him? I've heard all the other stories and my list of people who're personally, directly responsible for HBA not having won back to back Ballon D'Or's is exhaustive, but I always need to add more to the list.

Was it an aging half arsed captain or a aging shola ameobi who swayed/sided most with Alan fucking Pardew? Speaks volumes. I know people will forever cite Ben Rafa being disruptive and perhaps he was but the implications of the sentence before this one are massive.

Guest chicken little

those who sided with him have never really played for the club again either (Marv, sameobi, bigi, kemen)

source?