Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

that may be slightly over the top but he has made it into my best starting XI from players i've watched.

I couldn't name a better defender than Coloccini since I've watched us.

well that nails it as mick used to nick under the turnstile at chilly road.

I have a totally irrantional wish that he ends up being our manager one day.

I'd never thought of that.  It would be awesome.

I dream he'd get us playing like Simeone gets his Athletic Madrid team did against Chelsea. Utterly irrational...

that may be slightly over the top but he has made it into my best starting XI from players i've watched.

I couldn't name a better defender than Coloccini since I've watched us.

Same here. 

Moncur, Albert, Venison, Woodgate and a few others who didn't hang around too long were all top players but Colo is just in a different class.

I dream he'd get us playing like Simeone gets his Athletic Madrid team did against Chelsea. Utterly irrational...

Shola director of football?

Club Chef.

Club Chef.

Lots of apple based dishes then.  You shouldn't have said anything, I really want this to happen now.

Club Chef.

Lots of apple based dishes then.  You shouldn't have said anything, I really want this to happen now.

Every day i wake and he's not the manager, it hurts man! HURTS!

Club Chef.

and a drive-thru, where only bicycles are allowed....

Club Chef.

Shola will ask for an orchard  to be built adjacent to the training ground so he can make his famous Apple crumble with super fresh ingredients.

Guest Howaythetoon

Albert was a true footballing centre-back, but wasn't the greatest at tackling or leading his back-line. He read the game superbly well and as already said, was a fantastic footballer. Woodgate was a colossus at times and had everything to his game, great at reading play, very good tackler, composed and technically very good on the ball. If not for his injuries and had we kept him, he would have went down as one of our best ever players, certainly in the Premier League era. Where Colo stands above all those, including Woodgate, however, is his sheer consistency and general all-round ability not only as a footballer but as a defender. Since Nolan departed he has also shown himself to be an amazing leader and Captain of this club and his players. For me, he is qute simply, the best defender we have had since I've been supporting us, arguably the best Captain we have had and certainly one of the best footballer's we've had. Again, for me, he is the best player we've had since Shearer and can rank alongside him in terms of being one of those top top players to have played for us. Of course he has some way to go to get into the all-time legend status Shearer enjoys but if he sees out his contract and perhaps wins a trophy (I know?! :lol:) he will be right up there. In my opinion he is the best centre-back in the country alongside kompany and one of the best in Europe. He would not look out of place in any side, from Barca to Real Madrid to Man Utd to his former club AC Milan.

Guest Howaythetoon

Speaking of Toon defenders, I thought Venison was a very good defender for us overall and so too was Peacock despite his critics. Howey was the one though who could have become something special if not for his injuries.

Albert was a true footballing centre-back, but wasn't the greatest at tackling or leading his back-line. He read the game superbly well and as already said, was a fantastic footballer. Woodgate was a colossus at times and had everything to his game, great at reading play, very good tackler, composed and technically very good on the ball. If not for his injuries and had we kept him, he would have went down as one of our best ever players, certainly in the Premier League era. Where Colo stands above all those, including Woodgate, however, is his sheer consistency and general all-round ability not only as a footballer but as a defender. Since Nolan departed he has also shown himself to be an amazing leader and Captain of this club and his players. For me, he is qute simply, the best defender we have had since I've been supporting us, arguably the best Captain we have had and certainly one of the best footballer's we've had. Again, for me, he is the best player we've had since Shearer and can rank alongside him in terms of being one of those top top players to have played for us. Of course he has some way to go to get into the all-time legend status Shearer enjoys but if he sees out his contract and perhaps wins a trophy (I know?! :lol:) he will be right up there. In my opinion he is the best centre-back in the country alongside kompany and one of the best in Europe. He would not look out of place in any side, from Barca to Real Madrid to Man Utd to his former club AC Milan.

Fully agreed. What amazes me with Woodgate, and we're quite a few who share the opinion, is the impression he managed to make in such a short stint. One full season, in which he missed quite a few games. That's a lot of quality shown in a very short space of time.

I rank Coloccini and Ben Arfa as the two best players we have at the moment. Their top level is five star, world class, whatever you want to call it. Coloccini is enjoying a bit more consistency because every type of game suits him whereas Ben Arfa sometimes suffers because of our style. I'd not replace Colo with many defenders in the world.