Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Quite a big claim to actually say he has asked us if he can go.

There are always big claims in transfer windows.

We have seen the same numerous times with Remy where we have 'agreed a deal' and 'well they seem pretty certain'.

I don't think it's a family issue if that's what you are hinting at.

Pardew has even said they have had arguments. Put them to aside and get us to the summer and then leave.

Just as bad as Shay Given jumping ship.

I haven't a clue what is giving him a problem, he doesn't come across as a hot head so whatever it is must be fairly big as far as he's concerned.

Btw, no way in absolute hell will Ashley let him leave without the price being right. San Lorenzo don't have the money to offer a substantial transfer fee. I don't think it will happen.

Only way it happens is if Colo buys out his contract and if he does that in the middle of a relegation battle i will lose all respect for him.

Btw, no way in absolute hell will Ashley let him leave without the price being right. San Lorenzo don't have the money to offer a substantial transfer fee. I don't think it will happen.

That's true... we won't let him go cheap. If he wants to shaft us by leaving, there's no reason to be sentimental and make it easy for him.

Guest firetotheworks

If this happens I think I'll be in that 'I wish I could walk away from football' territory like. It's such a merciless bastard.

I will be honest here, If he really wants to go he will be out as soon as we get a decent price for him. I wouldn't begrude Colo anything after what he has given the club. It will be a very sad day though and a huge huge loss.

Probably our most important player, he should be waiting at least until the summer, we simply can't afford the time of getting two players in and settled. Very disappointing news. He obviously is having a hard time here though to request it now. He has been out of sorts (yet still predominantly decent) for the past two months on the pitch.

That said the board will be rubbing their hands with delight at getting Colo off the wage bill.

If its true we need to really go all out for someone like Mbiwa or Sakho. We also need someone that would be ready for and experienced in the premiership. I would be truly gutted to leave Colo, but that is life and football. I'd hope we bring in Lescott til the end of the season (with Man City paying most of the wages). Then get Mbiwa. In reality we will end up with a youngster from abroad with huge potential that will be smashed into smithereens by us because he won't be given the proper time to settle.