Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

£8m is about right.

Agreed. Anyone thinking we'd get more for a 31 yr old is not living in the real world. The valuation seems more to discourage interest to my mind, which is great.

isnt the nominal (maximum) value related to the value of his remaining contract in wages?  i.e. he has 3 years left at 3m a year(ish?), so due to fifa rules he has the right to buy himself out by paying this amount to the club, or having whichever club he wanted to move to pay this amount for him.  so, 8-10m?

seem to remember that players wishing to do this had to be two years into the contract they wished to buy out, not completely sure of that though.  either way, the club could be using this method to calculate his value, as at some point he would qualify for this kind of move and his contract at the time would set the price

FABRICIO COLOCCINI is expected to lead Newcastle United into battle for Saturday’s crucial home clash with relegation rivals Reading.

Friends of the centre-back from Argentina have indicated to the Chronicle a proposed meeting about his future on Tyneside has now been postponed until Monday.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/16/fabricio-coloccini-to-lead-newcastle-united-out-72703-32609160/#.UPZ9wC_foqc.twitter#ixzz2I8HA0Gy8

The easiest way out for him if he really wanted to help his "sick" wife would be to retire from football completely. Can't wait to see how this one pans out.

Why have you put "sick"?

BBC Newcastle were on about this on the radio and the impression given is that she really is sick and it's actually pretty serious but obviously the club have respected it's a private matter and have went public on it.

If my wife was sick as that my priority would be her not football and not arranging a deal to sign and play for another club.

The easiest way out for him if he really wanted to help his "sick" wife would be to retire from football completely. Can't wait to see how this one pans out.

Why have you put "sick"?

BBC Newcastle were on about this on the radio and the impression given is that she really is sick and it's actually pretty serious but obviously the club have respected it's a private matter and have went public on it.

If my wife was sick as that my priority would be her not football and not arranging a deal to sign and play for another club.

Isn't that Colo's priority? Please give us your insider knowledge.

Why have you put "sick"?

Isn't that Colo's priority? Please give us your insider knowledge.

If it is why isn't he back in Argentina then? He's not forced to stay and play is he.

The point I was making was that his actual value to us is much more than £8m. The board obviously won't realise that of course. They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

But if they've put his valuation at £8-10million that suggests they aren't going to let him go in reality. Because no club, certainly not San Lorenzo will pay it.

Guest Roger Kint

Tim Vickery saying that theres no mention whatsoever about Colo's personal problems in the Argentinian media and that his only motive is to go back to play for the club. He thinks the problems are very much exaggerated. May well be talking shit but he has no reason to lie.

Says Newcastle would be insane to cave in to his demands as it stands as its all about San Lorenzo trying to get a player for nowt and nothing more from what he can see over there.  :undecided:

Tim Vickery saying that theres no mention whatsoever about Colo's personal problems in the Argentinian media and that his only motive is to go back to play for the club. He thinks the problems are very much exaggerated. May well be talking shit but he has no reason to lie.

Says Newcastle would be insane to cave in to his demands as it stands as its all about San Lorenzo trying to get a player for nowt and nothing more from what he can see over there.  :undecided:

sounds about right tbh. Move on.

Guest Roger Kint

he's only relaying the news in Argie media, plus given they're comments about the match at norwich they're not precisely reliable and working at it from the pr pov of San Lorenzo.

No idea about the Norwich comments? Doesnt explain why there no mention of any problems mind.

he's only relaying the news in Argie media, plus given they're comments about the match at norwich they're not precisely reliable and working at it from the pr pov of San Lorenzo.

No idea about the Norwich comments? Doesnt explain why there no mention of any problems mind.

Argie media said newcastle fans were booing colo and provided a hitler downfall parody as proof we hate him

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/Fuertes-criticas-Coloccini-hinchas-Newcastle_0_847715328.html