Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

If he decides to call time on his career, realistically what can NUFC do?

Nowt.

And if a few weeks/months down the line he changes his mind and signs for San Lorenzo?

As far as I'm aware he wouldn't be allowed to. We hold his registration until the end of the contract.

Guest neesy111

So after lengthy scrutinising we've deduced that either he can't keep his cock in his pants or he hates Pardew so much he has to retire? The first one sounds more feasible tbf.

Have a think about what you're writing please.

Did it have to be San Lorenzo?

Surely one of the larger Argie clubs would've been happy to stump up a little bit of cash as a transfer fee and offer him decent wages for a current Argie international who was just named in the Premier League team of the year?

So after lengthy scrutinising we've deduced that either he can't keep his cock in his pants or he hates Pardew so much he has to retire? The first one sounds more feasible tbf.

:anguish:

Can't really blame people who are being treated like mushrooms forming an opinion on this.

Instead of everyone throwing rumours about, I think it's best to just wait and see. There's not enough information to speculate.

Again, can't really blame people. The club and colo have handled the appallingly.

Did it have to be San Lorenzo?

Surely one of the larger Argie clubs would've been happy to stump up a little bit of cash as a transfer fee and offer him decent wages for a current Argie international who was just named in the Premier League team of the year?

San Lorenzo are one of the larger Argie clubs. River/Boca are no less skint, it's a league-wide problem.

Have a think about what you're writing please.

Eh? read back a few more pages, i'm hardly stowing up any more controversy.

The point i'm actually trying to make is that I can't for any reason this as anything other than serious domestic issue's (of which we know nothing), which he needs to resolve above all else, and nothing to do with his manager or club.

The bloke must be having a terrible time of it, I still don't have this trait in his character and something must seriously be up for it to come to this.

I've got from the Guardian that he's not leaving, from ESPN that San Lorenzo have dropped yet the Independent claims he's leaving. I have no clue what is going on, we'll just have to wait for the next match to see.

That said another CB is needed because Williamson really can't stay anywhere near the first team

All a bit FUBAR this situation. Either way, properly shocked at the way some people are reacting to this and talking about Colo.

Regardless of what he does now he has been a great servant of the club and I don't begrudge him a move now, especially if there is a decent reason for it. I certainly don't like the fact he wants to go and the timing, but some things are more important than football, he only wants to return home, which puts us in a bad position if the other team can't pay for him. We are certainly entitled to get some kind of compensation as a club but things are obviously a lot less clear cut than anyone on here knows. He isn't going to turn into another Michael Owen or like because Colo stuck with us through relegation and brought us up to fourth last season and has been a role model for everyone. We have no reason to doubt his professionalism on past evidence, deserves better than some of the comments on here imo.

A quick question, rant aside. If we have turned down his request to leave, what happens if he just fucks off to Argentina anyway. We can fine him his wages until he returns but can we fine him more for compensation?

All a bit FUBAR this situation. Either way, properly shocked at the way some people are reacting to this and talking about Colo.

Regardless of what he does now he has been a great servant of the club and I don't begrudge him a move now, especially if there is a decent reason for it. I certainly don't like the fact he wants to go and the timing, but some things are more important than football, he only wants to return home, which puts us in a bad position if the other team can't pay for him. We are certainly entitled to get some kind of compensation as a club but things are obviously a lot less clear cut than anyone on here knows. He isn't going to turn into another Michael Owen or like because Colo stuck with us through relegation and brought us up to fourth last season and has been a role model for everyone. We have no reason to doubt his professionalism on past evidence, deserves better than some of the comments on here imo.

A quick question, rant aside. If we have turned down his request to leave, what happens if he just f***s off to Argentina anyway. We can fine him his wages until he returns but can we fine him more for compensation?

Quite clearly a breach of contract, it'll be a bit more the fines and more like taking it to Fifa to get a compensation for breach of contract and most likely some sort of ban. You can't just fuck off in football.

I think we just want and deserve to know (to some extent) why he wants to leave. If it is an illness then just say so, no need to say who or what, if it's marital or personal problems which makes his life her unbearable then just say, no need to say why, if it's the club he's fallen out with then just say.

A quick question, rant aside. If we have turned down his request to leave, what happens if he just f***s off to Argentina anyway. We can fine him his wages until he returns but can we fine him more for compensation?

Regardless of his exemplary past, walking out on us without coming clean during a relegation fight and whilst he is captain is still 'Owen'ish. If I cheated on my partner especially when she is in poor health, my past loyalty counts for nothing. Why should it be different for footballers and Colo. Appreciate what he has done for us in the past by all means, but if he walks out on us now, call a spade a spade. He'd be leaving us in the s*** and deserves no respect