Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Yeah, I don't put any value on him staying with us when we were relegated, I do put value on him knuckling down and becoming the leader of the club thereafter,

A lot of that's out of the window now though, I'm not angry with him or anything - he can just fuck off. :lol:

Was unimaginable to lose him a few months ago, now I'm quite keen to see the back of him.

MYM certainly helped.

If we hadn't signed him :anguish:

Sticking with us through relegation = :thup:

Would he have gotten anywhere near the wages if he moved elsewhere =  :undecided:

I don't think his performances were nearly as bad as sometimes remembered but they certainly weren't going to have clubs desperately chasing him. We sold Bassong for £8m iirc, there is no way Ashley would have turned down that sort of offer for Colo at the time and I'm not sure Colo wouldn't have turned down Spurs if given the choice either.

So yeah, he stayed with us but whether he was receiving attractive offers is a different kettle of fish.

I'm not going to lie and pretend this would have ever come into my thoughts if this saga hadn't of happened btw.

Sure some Spanish teams were in for him? If he wanted to go, he could've done - as so many declared there wishes to leave after that Leyton Orient game.

He's been a credit to the club since we went down, until just recently. It's bitterly disappointing imo. I just think it's unprofessional and insensitive (again, that's based on my belief that he doesn't have a season-ending injury).

Like I said a few weeks ago to something similar, see nowt wrong with Colo doing that. Is it a bit out of the ordinary for the club captain to do during a time of recovery? Yes. Am I particularly worried? No.

Sticking with us through relegation = :thup:

Would he have gotten anywhere near the wages if he moved elsewhere =  :undecided:

I don't think his performances were nearly as bad as sometimes remembered but they certainly weren't going to have clubs desperately chasing him. We sold Bassong for £8m iirc, there is no way Ashley would have turned down that sort of offer for Colo at the time and I'm not sure Colo wouldn't have turned down Spurs if given the choice either.

So yeah, he stayed with us but whether he was receiving attractive offers is a different kettle of fish.

I'm not going to lie and pretend this would have ever come into my thoughts if this saga hadn't of happened btw.

Sure some Spanish teams were in for him? If he wanted to go, he could've done - as so many declared there wishes to leave after that Leyton Orient game.

He's been a credit to the club since we went down, until just recently. It's bitterly disappointing imo. I just think it's unprofessional and insensitive (again, that's based on my belief that he doesn't have a season-ending injury).

Wonder how much they were offering though, I bet it was a fraction of what we paid.

I appreciate what he has done for us up to January but I doubt there was any real option for him to leave anyway so in my head it's a moot point.

Like I said a few weeks ago to something similar, see nowt wrong with Colo doing that. Is it a bit out of the ordinary for the club captain to do during a time of recovery? Yes. Am I particularly worried? No.

Are you particularly worried about what?

Personally think it's extremely wishful thinking to suggest he won't definitely be leaving in the summer...

Him leaving.

Personally think it's extremely wishful thinking to suggest he won't definitely be leaving in the summer...

Probably but things can change in the space of a few months. Looks cheerful enough in that video, maybe things are getting better for him? I'm still at the question mark stage tbh.

Him leaving.

Well he's leaving, so I don't know what you mean. :lol: If you mean we'll be OK then I agree if we replace him adequately.

Probably but things can change in the space of a few months. Looks cheerful enough in that video, maybe things are getting better for him? I'm still at the question mark stage tbh.

Looks cheerful because he is at the club he wants to be at. No way that is a good thing in terms of his staying here  :laugh:

After his abysmal first season, he's been a tremendous servant to us.

Ugh.

:laugh: Not again. I thought he had serious trouble adapting to the league, bar a short spell before New Year where looked fairly solid. But then you know I think that. :pow:

He more than made up for it in the ensuing three seasons.

Looks cheerful because he is at the club he wants to be at. No way that is a good thing in terms of his staying here  :laugh:

The change of scenery could be a factor there...

The guy hasn't really been up to the standard we expect from him for a while. There's something up, just how 'up' will determine how we view this. For me, I think he's done. On form and on viewable mental match readiness, he's not really a starter anyway. Strongest argument would be because he's captain.

I don't know, we'll see I suppose. I am expecting him to play the final few games of the season and those be his last. If he's too injured to play atm and can benefit both physically and mentally being over there for a while and sorting stuff out then fuck it, I don't see it changing anything.

I never thought I'd turn on Coloccini but the last 2 months have proved me wrong, sadly. This is our Colo, man :( Why is he doing this to us?  :weep:

Because he wants to go home and doesn't have the bollocks to say it. Making up stories about his wife being ill instead.

I don't see anything wrong with him going to a game but he's our captain he should be here supporting the team and quite frankly ( i might cynical to the point of maddening ) but i really don't think he's as injured as he's leading on.

He's basically on a paid holiday at the moment and when you consider he's our highest owner it all leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I will never forget what he has done before this season and will consider one of the best CBs i have seen since supporting the club but leaving like this will make me rate him lower as a " legend" than it did before.

I'm not particular concerned about him leaving as i think we will replace him properly but i am disappointed but how this has all happened.