Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Why does he feel the need to tear out of the backline in an attempt to intercept/close someone down so often, especially when there's very little threat at the time he's doing it? I'm asking this from the impression that he barely wins anything when he does this and more often than not leaves a big gap for the opposition to exploit (which they often do).

The reason for tonights clean sheet.

That would be Steven Taylor.

They were both really good, and for me playing off Colo's leadership/confidence/general brilliance is what has vastly improved Taylor's game.  You can see he's buzzing off it, stability at the back is exactly what he needed.

The reason for tonights clean sheet.

That would be Steven Taylor.

They were both really good, and for me playing off Colo's leadership/confidence/general brilliance is what has vastly improved Taylor's game.  You can see he's buzzing off it, stability at the back is exactly what he needed.

Yep. No Colo = Saylor lost.

I loved the way he brought the ball out of defence 2nd half v Villa on a break, played it out to Obertan and when Obertan looked up to play someone in on the edge of Villas box It was Colo there first before any forwards, He had carried on running up the park screaming and waving for the pass. he did the same first half overlapping Jonas on the left wing to put a cross over.

What a fantastic player, how can the clowns in charge of Argentina not even have him on the bench for their national team. All I can say is they must be red hot favourites to win the next world cup if they don't need this guy.

Very unlucky on the goal, slipped these things happen, he is starting to look q real leader though.

Cannot wait to see him & Shola playing guitar with Jonas singing.

:lol:

Is that from Jonas' nufcTV interview?

Fabricio Coloccini calls for more of the same

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleSep 19 2011

Add a comment

Recommend

inShare

TOON captain Fabricio Coloccini was relieved to see his troops conjure up a more offensive performance at Aston Villa – but has now called for more of the same.

United’s previous Premier League outing had resulted in a worrying and inept attacking display at QPR.

At unbeaten Villa, there was much more bite and Coloccini was a satisfied captain as he left Villa Park.

He told the Chronicle: “We didn’t really get a chance to get forward too much against QPR. But against Aston Villa we caused them problems and created many chances.

“I think the whole defence played well against Aston Villa, but I also thought we did really well in midfield and attack.

“We tried all the way through the game to take the three points. As soon as we got the first goal we were looking for the second to try to win.”

The 1-1 draw means United are proudly still unbeaten, but Coloccini has called for realism ahead of games with Nottingham Forest tomorrow and Blackburn on Saturday.

The former Deportivo la Coruna defender said: “It’s great to keep up the unbeaten run and to start the season so well, but there is a long way to go.

“It’s not about how you start, it’s about where you finish so we have to keep working hard, playing as well as we can.

“I think it was a good result, but the most important thing for me was the way we played as a team. We are happy to get a draw and feeling confident.

“Blackburn will be a tough game, but they are all tough games and we are at home so we have to look to get another win.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/19/fabricio-coloccini-calls-for-more-of-the-same-72703-29445956/#ixzz1YPGwXgVV

It was an error for their goal (people are being lenient on him BUT if Taylor made that mistake they would have went ape s***) BUT he is human, the odd mistakes are inevitable. Fortunately for us his mistakes are rare

Someone next to me at the match was blaming Taylor for the goal!

It was an error for their goal (people are being lenient on him BUT if Taylor made that mistake they would have went ape s***) BUT he is human, the odd mistakes are inevitable. Fortunately for us his mistakes are rare

Someone next to me at the match was blaming Taylor for the goal!

Not surprised, some people allow their hatred of a player to cloud their judgement

It was an error for their goal (people are being lenient on him BUT if Taylor made that mistake they would have went ape shit) BUT he is human, the odd mistakes are inevitable. Fortunately for us his mistakes are rare

Claus Lundekvam said it wasn't a obvious mistake. He could have acted a bit cooler, no need to put his foot out. But on the other hand, he was very unlucky with where the ball landed, dead on the foot of Anglabanglahor. That ball could have bounced anywhere..