Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Can't see him accepting a 30% pay cut, even if we did offer him a new deal. Why should he?

I'm just going to enjoy him this season tbh, not even worth worrying about what happens after that.

They could offer him £50K/week, with a signing fee of £4.5M for a 3 year deal. That would nearly equal his current deal and not break the wage cap. And it would be cheaper than trying to get a replacement of sufficient quality IMO.

Can't see him accepting a 30% pay cut, even if we did offer him a new deal. Why should he?

I'm just going to enjoy him this season tbh, not even worth worrying about what happens after that.

Can't see him earning more than £50k a week anywhere else...

They could offer him £50K/week, with a signing fee of £4.5M for a 3 year deal. That would nearly equal his current deal and not break the wage cap. And it would be cheaper than trying to get a replacement of sufficient quality IMO.

What, and keep this ludicrous signing fee a secret from the rest of the squad? Righto. :lol:

What, and keep this ludicrous signing fee a secret from the rest of the squad? Righto. :lol:

Who said it it would be kept a secret? Look at it like Coloccini replacing Coloccini. :)

Would the players object transfer fees/signing fees being paid for his replacement as well then?

Who said it it would be kept a secret? Look at it like Coloccini replacing Coloccini. :)

Would the players object transfer fees/signing fees being paid for his replacement as well then?

Fuck knows, I'm not one of those who justified the sales of numerous players by saying we couldn't give them any more money (or the same money) because it would have led to chaos within the club with the rest of the squad demanding the same and us being unable to say no for some reason.

Coloccini is on high wages at present, and he's approaching 30. If we offer him a new contract, why would they make any exception for him? As I said, I love watching him play and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy his quality this season. Can't see the point in looking beyond that.

Signing on fee's and loyalty bonuses are paid over the length of the contract (if you believe the agents talking to the FM team for this years contract changes) so it would still be the same as paying him £80kpw.

Don't really like the idea of basing any football knowledge on FM mind, but they've done more research in to this than any of us.

f*** knows, I'm not one of those who justified the sales of numerous players by saying we couldn't give them any more money (or the same money) because it would have led to chaos within the club with the rest of the squad demanding the same and us being unable to say no for some reason.

Coloccini is on high wages at present, and he's approaching 30. If we offer him a new contract, why would they make any exception for him? As I said, I love watching him play and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy his quality this season. Can't see the point in looking beyond that.

This sadly.

When he weighs up his options, if money is the deciding factor, then it's unlikely he will leave England as hardly anyone in Spain, Italy or Germany could pay him more than us.

I'm sure any contract we offer will be on reduced wages but it may be that he figures scraping along on £2M a year or so and cementing legendary Newcastle status for life suits him.

It's not only Newcastle cutting their cloth accordingly nowadays so it's probably only Man City or Chelsea who would pay him more (unlikely) or maybe a West Ham/QPR  Nolan/Barton type deal from somebody with money to burn.

Interesting thought/suggestion.

If the club do offer Coloccini a new contract, it will be highly incentivised. There's no way Ashley will offer him £80k a week again.

Since i haven't been to a game since Shearer scored THAT volley against Everton (haven't even been in the UK since then, sadly) I don't know if there are any songs for Colo at the moment. But here's one that we sing for my local team's captain, Kyle Altman.

To the tune of the Human League's "Don't you want me baby"

Captain Coloccini!

Coloccini Whoa-oh-oh-oh!

Coloccini baby!

Coloccini Whoa-oh-oh-oh!

Take it for what it's worth.

:lol:

I'd let his contract run down rather than try to sell him with a year to go. We'd get peanuts for him and since he's not disruptive (Barton) or lacking in quality (Nolan) there is no harm in keeping him and trying to make him stay once it expires. He won't get offered £80kpw here, and he won't get that kind of offer anywhere else, though i reckon we can and will offer him as much as he'd get anywhere else. I'm guessing that was the plan with Barton until his twitter rant and forced the clubs hand so we let him go.

Sorry if this is a Giggs; but, who is ahead of him in the Argie squad?

A hotchpotch bunch of shite. He should be in the squad.

He should be the first name on their team list. His reputation probably suffered due to our relegation and having Maradona as his manager when he was in the team.

Sorry if this is a Giggs; but, who is ahead of him in the Argie squad?

A hotchpotch bunch of shite. He should be in the squad.

He should be the first name on their team list. His reputation probably suffered due to our relegation and having Maradona as his manager when he was in the team.

I'm sure Messrs Sergio, Lionel and Carlos think differently.