Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I'd rather we brought in proven quality with a track record of wanting to win games through attacking football.

Giving it to Coloccini keeps the status quo. I don't think much would change in the 12 weeks he'd officially allowed to be our manager.

Surely as a South American he can't want to play the beautiful game this way. There's a difference between doing as you're told by your boss and publicly backing someone you may actually like (for whatever reason) and advocating how they did their job after they've gone. I don't think he's the right appointment but given the other names banded about if rather take a shot in the dark for the time being.

He might want to play attacking football but does he have any idea how to actually coach a team to play that way succesfully. It's not as simple as putting a more attacking formation on or giving the players a bit more license to attack.

SSN Carra laughing at Colo being manager, easy to laugh you scouse fucking mong when you sit in the studio hiding as a pundit.

If Colo gets the gig as a forrin he will be vilified from the moment he starts.  Took an Englishmans job.

He might want to play attacking football but does he have any idea how to actually coach a team to play that way succesfully. It's not as simple as putting a more attacking formation on or giving the players a bit more license to attack.

Well said.

Surely as a South American he can't want to play the beautiful game this way. There's a difference between doing as you're told by your boss and publicly backing someone you may actually like (for whatever reason) and advocating how they did their job after they've gone. I don't think he's the right appointment but given the other names banded about if rather take a shot in the dark for the time being.

Have you ever watched Argentine football? :lol:

Way too early for him to be our manager. If he was retiring next season and was made player/manager from now until summer, then I'd be more than ok with it. Like it or not, Coloccini is a big (and recognizable) name in world football and he is respected by professionals everywhere. As he is still our best CB and on his day vital to our survival chances, I don't see how it would work, ESPECIALLY if Carver and Stone stay behind as the coaches.

The only way I'd look forward to his appointment is if he brought in a couple of promising Spanish/Argentine/Italian/AN Other coaches to back him up while he is on the pitch, and started some kind of young coaching/management team with big aspirations.

As far as Coloccini being a good or bad leader, I cant really tell tbh. What I CAN tell is that he is a leader all the same. Good or bad depends on how you view the club and whose side you're on. Having read the articles about him recently, it appears that he cares more about NUFC than I thought. I do not see him as a Pardew supporter if I'm honest, even if they did agree on the HBA issue. The key thing for me is his relationship with the owner. If he can get the owner excited again about NUFC, then it's all good. If he is to be a temporary stop-gap while the owner finds buyers, then even better.

It's all a bit fucking weird and I don't really care at the moment, I just want to celebrate the fact that the fraud is gone.

Guest neesy111

Could easily reject it, I can see him trying to use situation to get a way out and back to Argentina soon.

The first thing he'll probably do in his role as caretaker manager will be to give himself a months compassionate leave back to Argentina.

FM option, goes on holiday.

I'd rather we brought in proven quality with a track record of wanting to win games through attacking football.

Giving it to Coloccini keeps the status quo. I don't think much would change in the 12 weeks he'd officially allowed to be our manager.

Well I think we can all agree on that! Chances of it happening under Ashley though....

I would accept Coloccini. As in, compared to Bruce /PulisSherwood.

We should go foreign, someone who will accept Ashley's transfer model.  De Boer should be aiming higher. I would sign Remi Garde in a heartbeat. No compo to pay, French, what's not to like?

Would basically be a business appointment rather than a football one, Ashley promoting from within and seeing team captain to team manager a natural progression, like someone moving from store manager to regional manager when a position becomes vacant. If course football isn't like selling trackie bottoms, but he's not worked that out so far so he probably never will.

Looked miserable as f*** turning up to training on SSN earlier. It is cold mind.

Typical business mind Ashley has probably given him the extra work as manager without any extra salary. "Times are hard colo, the business is struggling, i just need you to do this for a little bit" 

Would he be allowed to manage us without the coaching badges? Thought they were tightening up the rules about this.

That is my question, does he have th qualifications?  Or is the rule that you need to be in the process of completing them?  Either way I don't think I have heard any mention of him taking his badges.

He will be cheap though and compliant which is the important thing