Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Couldn't look any less of a man if he started wearing a pink bra on top of his shirt. Pathetic, as per.

Strange. I thought your defensive hero Dummet was far worse, along with Williamson and Janmaat. Coloccini wad probably the best of the back four ask things considered.

Janmaat was by far and I mean by far the best defender on the pitch because he has a decent first half. They were all terrible at best overall though, and Dummett was by far the worst player on the pitch imo with our goalkeeper.

Couldn't look any less of a man if he started wearing a pink bra on top of his shirt. Pathetic, as per.

Strange. I thought your defensive hero Dummet was far worse, along with Williamson and Janmaat. Coloccini wad probably the best of the back four ask things considered.

Totally correct!

...has been fairly shit this season. Not captain material and simply lacking the pace to keep up these days it seems. I'm a Colo' fan but he should have been phased out by MYM for this season if it wasn't for our useless cunt manager.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been very critical of Colo in the past but those are two balls where the DM should really be challenging for it. It's a good 10 yards further up from the rest of the defensive line.

the DM should be challenging for it. And if Colo goes for it, Janmaat needs to tuck in very early for it which he failed.

I've been very critical of Colo in the past but those are two balls where the DM should really be challenging for it. It's a good 10 yards further up from the rest of the defensive line.

the DM should be challenging for it. And if Colo goes for it, Janmaat needs to tuck in very early for it which he failed.

So that excuses the fact Colo can't jump? Has no strength? And can't head a ball with abit of conviction?

Slowly becoming as bad at defending as he is at leading the team.

He is captain now, due to being the most senior player. End of story.

I think it's more due to the fact he's too much of a coward to criticise those above him.

So that excuses the fact Colo can't jump? Has no strength? And can't head a ball with abit of conviction?

Nope - I've long said Colo isn't good enough in the air for a CB but that wasn't really the problem today. The ball's for the goals today where not for the CB to go and challenge - it's for the DM but the DM obviously knew he wouldn't win it so didn't even try meaning the second best option (the CB) had to make an unlikely attempt to win that header.

Despite his shortcomings Colo is still our best CB and a much more important player for us than Anita.

Him being our best CB of course is a problem but that won't change until the summer at the earliest.

Here's a radical idea - if the ball wasn't there for the CB to win, how about he holds his position and doesn't dive in like an idiot? Trying to pass the buck onto Anita because he's an easier target is pathetic.

Here's a radical idea - if the ball wasn't there for the CB to win, how about he holds his position and doesn't dive in like an idiot? Trying to pass the buck onto Anita because he's an easier target it pathetic.

Spot on, TCD talking shit as per. :thup:

It's comical how many goals we concede where Colo's in any conceivable position but the one you'd expect from a CB, like.

He was only in the position he was for the goals today because nobody else bothered, we still had other defenders behind him who failed to deal with a player running at them.

It's club policy at fault 100% again. No progress in nearly a decade on this front. CB rotation involves players too young, not good enough, crocked or in colocinni's case have to be played because they're the only senior one. Complete lack of foresight or sheer negligence, it's didgusting.

I don't think it's wise to let players win the ball in front of the defence unchallenged so they can turn around and have their way with the defence.

I believe Colo does the right thing in trying to challenge for the ball. From that instance two things need to happen.

1. Anita (again) needs to read the danger and stop Ward-Prowse but it's the Englishman who shows greater footballing intelligence here and he anticipates the second ball superbly (like he did for the goal against Man Utd) which allows him time to pick the pass for Elia.

2. The defence becomes a back 3 when Colo pushes up to challnge - Janmaat needs to tuck in immediately. There was no winger in sight so danger outwide to put him in two minds. Janmaat delays for a couple seconds which is the time Elia has to get the shots off. You see for our goal - Clyne is goal side of Gouffran, that's where Janmaat needed to be for both goals.

He could quite blatantly head the ball into his own net on purpose and you/AndyMc/Paully would still try to construct a defence for him. Boring as f***.

He would have got slaughtered if he hadn't attempted a challenge and nobody else was going to.  You're just as biased as anybody when it comes to Coloccini, just the other way around and it's equally as boring but that'll not sink in.

:lol:

Deaf ears with Colo. He can do no wrong, even with Carragher, Neville and the rest of the country laughing at him (and us) every week.

Agreed. He's put in some horrible performances and is always one of the first to look/play like he doesn't care. He's slow and he's average in the air, he needs to be fully focused and committed to put in good performances. A lot of the time he just doesn't seem to care.

This place is ridiculous when it comes to Colo. Months prior to hiim saying he wanted to leave last season I was one of a few to say he was playing very poorly. ONly after his dad started mouthing off did people accept he had gone off the boil.

I don't want him to be captain. If we had any type of decent transfer policy I would say I would want him replaced.

Oh well that's Ronaldo proven right now he has you on his side.

Colo's overall form has been poor for over a year now.

Its as if he is playing a little bit shitter than his normal standard to get the move.

Would be nice if our captain watched our matches at the stadium when injured. I doubt Vincent Kompany spends a month in Belgium when injured if it isn't needed. You can't even get John Terry to not wear a kit when he's not even be picked to play.

It does indicate poor leadership.

It indicates even poorer leadership from the manager then. I'm not privy to what goes on in the dressing room but Pardew sure is. Alex Ferguson used to show players with poor commitment the door, not hand them the captain's armband.

True. But Alex Ferguson had full control of the team. Pardew doesn't. Ferguson could sell Stam for 16m and eventually sign his replacement for 30m. If Pardew sold Colo, he doesn't know who if anyone will come in.

I'm no Colo apologist - unlike most who might be defending him now. The goals just weren't his fault today.

He could quite blatantly head the ball into his own net on purpose and you/AndyMc/Paully would still try to construct a defence for him. Boring as f***.

He would have got slaughtered if he hadn't attempted a challenge and nobody else was going to.  You're just as biased as anybody when it comes to Coloccini, just the other way around and it's equally as boring but that'll not sink in.

I just expect a captain and senior CB to consistently act like both. For some reason you don't.

I just expect a captain and senior CB to consistently act like both. For some reason you don't.

You don't know what I expect from him, I think he could have done better for both goals but I don't blame him for thinking he should be challenging for the ball.  I also think others around him could have done a lot better, before and after he failed to win the ball.