Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

f***ing crease if he's manager. Thing is I couldn't give a f*** tbh, if things go pear shaped and we spiral into disaster at least it'll stir fans out of their slumber. The shitty state of purgatory and apathy we were in with Pardew was totally mind numbing, can only watch the same things happening for so long before you go f***ing loopy tbh.

good point actually. whatever happens next, its not going to be this apathetic small time boring mentality with the fans anymore. I hope.

Always thought he'd make a good manager eventually, not quite sure why. He's been around the block, worked under several manager of varying degrees of competence and should have learned many things, good and bad, from all of them.

He's a double blank. 

Fucking crease if he's manager. Thing is I couldn't give a fuck tbh, if things go pear shaped and we spiral into disaster at least it'll stir fans out of their slumber. The shitty state of purgatory and apathy we were in with Pardew was totally mind numbing, can only watch the same things happening for so long before you go fucking loopy tbh.

This.

We're only 10 points clear of the relegation zone. Though it seems hugely unlikely we could go down, at this point in 2008/09 we only had four points fewer and actually had a better goal difference. Hopefully that will terrify Ashley into at least taking this seriously.

Guest TruToon94

This is the same Colo who tried

I'd rather colo than pulïs or Bruce.

I wouldn't. Colo actively supported Pards during his time as captain and slapped us all in the face when he tried to blackmail the club into letting him leave for free. Be happy if the new manager scrapped him away along with the rest of the shite e.g. Elliot, Captain Fistpump and so on.

Guest Bert Shaft

This is the same Colo who tried

I'd rather colo than pulïs or Bruce.

I wouldn't. Colo actively supported Pards during his time as captain and slapped us all in the face when he tried to blackmail the club into letting him leave for free. Be happy if the new manager scrapped him away along with the rest of the s**** e.g. Elliot, Captain Fistpump and so on.

Fair enough like, could be worse appointments than Colo though. Lawrie Sanchez anybody? 

I never rated him that much as a captain, he seems too quiet. We often seem to lack leadership and organisation at the back.

That doesn't necessarily rule him out as a manager, but I'd worry about how it would work out if he took over now, even as a caretaker. Suddenly he's the boss over the likes of Carver and Stone, and his relationship with the players would have to change. And if he's a caretaker, it'd be that much more difficult to attract any player to the club in January, if the management structure is only temporary.

There's also the issue of coaching badges. I don't know how he stands there.

Christ. Why can't we hire someone who has the skillset to build a system of play for the whole club all the way down to the kids and drill every player to their job on the field.

What exactly makes Colo qualified to do this? It seems people think that the managers job is to just motivate the players and maybe tell them vaguely what part of the pitch they are playing at. It SHOULD be a bit more complicated than that in 2015 and actually requires studying and experience.

Would be a crazy appointment which under this regime actually makes it quite likely.

Would be a complete blank slate, but like others have said think i would actually prefer that to proven mediocrity like Pulis or Bruce (both of who have worse Premier league win percentages than Pardew...)

Can't imagine the coaching badges would be an issue, Carver has them all so would just need some creative job titles.

Coloccini would be a disaster. He doesn't even make a particularly good captain so I can't see how he'd make a go of it as a manager, even short term. After all we still need another 14 points to guarantee safety.

Must admit I was in the anyone but Pardew camp but I've woken up this morning filled with dread when I think who Ashley will replace him with.