Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Gino14

Nah. That's a stupid move.  Those who moved by this letter will realize they are f***ing idiots once they see the abysmal display on the pitch in the coming Saturday.  This will backfire spectacularly.

Some people are a bit slow to catch on, but a home defeat at the weekend will make them realise there's nothing to get behind anymore.  Look at the last PR attempt.  Carver showing fans round training, things looking a tiny bit smoother, followed by an absolute hammering.  Every time they pull this PR crap they go one step forward and ten back.  The pressure is building and you can see the panic in everything the club does now.  If we do stay up it'll be the pure fluke of another team putting in a display even more dreadful than our own.

The problem is, so much of the self-esteem of such mongs is tied to whoever puts the shirt on, regardless of ability, effort or desire to play in it.

Ashley's done such an ace job of dampening expectations as well.

When I was a kid it was almost impossible to get a ticket unless the lad sitting next to my dad was on holiday or something.  That all changed quite a lot when we expanded the stadium but generally demand still tended to exceed supply and if someone had a spare ticket going it was a big deal and you'd take it in a shot.

Nowadays you have a situation where a lot of the die-hards have dropped off having been ultimately sold a lie under Hall and seen it followed up with absolute humiliation as a Newcastle fan under Ashley.  Unfortunately these fanatics seem to have been replaced with happy clappers there for a day out, rather than fans who want to contribute to the atmosphere and make up for lost time in the sense they couldn't get a ticket for years.  The result is the morgue you see/hear/"experience" on a matchday now.

The incredibly difficult issue you have now is 45k+ willing to attend regardless and very few of them with any desire to kick up a fuss as it's their day out and "support the lads".  It's an argument that is almost impossible to deal with, you know the feeling when you get into a conversation about anything and the other person clearly doesn't understand the bigger picture?  After a few attempts you just give up, it's not worth doing and people will do what they do.

Protests are incredibly difficult for anyone to organise when you've got nearly 50 thousand people in the ground not quite realising or willing to realise how much they've been fucked over.  Maybe it's that psychological thing where people convince themselves they got a good deal and didn't get ripped off, I forget the term now.

Whole thing's fucked.  NUFC are cursed for various reasons.  The key now for campaigners is getting fans interested again that had become disinterested.

Guest jimmyc84

"Years will pass and so will players, directors, coaches and managers, but what is always going to be there is yourselves, your children, your grandchildren."

The most grating thing here is the incorrect use of a possessive pronoun...

It's like our fans have Stockholm syndrome :lol: they are so used to having low expectations,  they have forgotten what it is like to have genuine hope and ambition. I remember when we signed Cisse for a sum of actual money and some fans suggested we take banners into the ground saying 'thank you Mike'  :anguish:

For all I think the whole situation and this cringe-worthy open letter is a shambles, I do agree with it's sentiment and I don't get why people would want us to get relegated. The team is going to need massive support in the home games to give us even a hope of staying up. They don't deserve it, Mike doesn't deserve the record tv money but absolutely no situation will be better if when we go down.

For all I think the whole situation and this cringe-worthy open letter is a shambles, I do agree with it's sentiment and I don't get why people would want us to get relegated. The team is going to need massive support in the home games to give us even a hope of staying up. They don't deserve it, Mike doesn't deserve the record tv money but absolutely no situation will be better if when we go down.

How will it be better is we stay up?

It's like our fans have Stockholm syndrome :lol: they are so used to having low expectations,  they have forgotten what it is like to have genuine hope and ambition. I remember when we signed Cisse for a sum of actual money and some fans suggested we take banners into the ground saying 'thank you Mike'  :anguish:

Yep just having an argument now on facebook with my mates brother.  Absolutely shameful.

f*** them. It's emotional blackmail. Absolutely nothing will change if our fanbase show they can be bought off by being told that "it's your club" and that they need us, despite the fact that all the available evidence points to it being anything but. It's not our club when they sell our best players, rename the stadium, allow loan sharks to sponsor the shirt, aim to get knocked out of competitions we'd all quite like to win. They didn't need our support when they disbanded the singing section and turned the stadium into a morgue, or when they decided to charge fans £15 for membership.

If anything the way the club has conducted itself the past couple of days has strengthened my resolve. I owe this basket case of a football team absolutely nothing. I've thrown good money after bad following Mike Ashley's Newcastle United around the country. If they go down it's not because of me, or the other 52,000 idiots that turn up week in week out. It's because of the owner, the board, the manager and the players.

It's their mess, why the f*** should I feel some sort of obligation to at least try to bail them out?

Excellent post mate.

I guess my perspective is based entirely on hope rather than expectation but surely the likelihood for Ashley finding a buying for a club with a £250m personal debt owed to him will be far more likely if we're a Premier League club? Is it even possible anyone would be crazy enough to buy us in that situation if we're stuck in the Championship or potentially worse?

Does anyone really want to be watching us in the Championship also? It worked wonders for us last time and I enjoyed it but that was probably exclusively because we won almost every game. There's no guarantee we'd come back up first time or even how bad it could be for us if we go down.

We're already being widely ridiculed as a club from top to bottom, getting relegated is only going to make us look like bigger bellends for everyone to scoff at. For me if we stay up there's still hope things could be fixed, I don't see how going down would solve anything.

I guess my perspective is based entirely on hope rather than expectation but surely the likelihood for Ashley finding a buying for a club with a £250m personal debt owed to him will be far more likely if we're a Premier League club? Is it even possible anyone would be crazy enough to buy us in that situation if we're stuck in the Championship or potentially worse?

Does anyone really want to be watching us in the Championship also? It worked wonders for us last time and I enjoyed it but that was probably exclusively because we won almost every game. There's no guarantee we'd come back up first time or even how bad it could be for us if we go down.

We're already being widely ridiculed as a club from top to bottom, getting relegated is only going to make us look like bigger bellends for everyone to scoff at. For me if we stay up there's still hope things could be fixed, I don't see how going down would solve anything.

we lose almost every fucking game we play now, what does it matter? :lol:

The only chance we have at seeing genuine ambition from the team is if we go down. We can't challenge for the Premier League title, we treat the domestic cups with distain and we actively look to avoid Europe. But go down and we will be fighting for the title and aiming to finish as high up the league as possible - imagine that!! 

It's possibly the only way we'll start to enjoy watching our team again because while we're in the Premier League it merely be more existing to exist.  I've forgotten what it's like to have something to cheer about....

The only chance we have at seeing genuine ambition from the team is if we go down. We can't challenge for the Premier League title, we treat the domestic cups with distain and we actively look to avoid Europe. But go down and we will be fighting for the title and aiming to finish as high up the league as possible - imagine that!! 

It's possibly the only way we'll start to enjoy watching our team again because while we're in the Premier League it merely be more existing to exist.  I've forgotten what it's like to have something to cheer about....

But knowing full well, if promotion is achieved it will be back to square one "we have no money, Mike had to lend the club money".  Rubbish players bought for peanuts, good players sold, cups ignored, europe ignored. and repeat.

Its funny tho how we have ignored both domestic cup competitions and we've been relegated once, nearly relegated and looking odds on to get relegated this season.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree TBH, my main reason is to stay up is just that I can't be arsed with the Championship. TBH I would probably just stop watching completely.

I can't be arsed with just trying to exist in the premiership as a cash cow, that's why I stopped watching completely.

Guest Roger Kint

Colin Murray about to talk about the letter, sadly as Hamann is there it will be half fan bashing than a proper discussion

I agree TBH, my main reason is to stay up is just that I can't be arsed with the Championship. TBH I would probably just stop watching completely.

I can't be arsed with just trying to exist in the premiership as a cash cow, that's why I stopped watching completely.

Yeah agreed, but out of the two options I would still rather stay up. I won't watch next season anyway unless we appoint a proper manager.

But knowing full well, if promotion is achieved it will be back to square one "we have no money, Mike had to lend the club money".  Rubbish players bought for peanuts, good players sold, cups ignored, europe ignored. and repeat.

Its funny tho how we have ignored both domestic cup competitions and we've been relegated once, nearly relegated and looking odds on to get relegated this season.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll just have to hope for the play-offs, celebrate when we get there and then hope we lose in the final so we can enjoy another season of watching the team trying to achieve something.  :lol:

Colin Murray about to talk about the letter, sadly as Hamann is there it will be half fan bashing than a proper discussion

Beedy eyed german needs to be hushed.

Murray's been good so far in terms of having his finger on the fans' pulse. Hopefully he puts him in his place.

Guest Roger Kint

'Williamson is a very good defender'

'Williamson is a very good defender'

Aye until he makes a comment about some error he's committed when doing live punditry. Fucking hell these imbeciles.

If Williamson's so good, maybe Hammann should recommend him to his beloved Liverpool.

Guest Roger Kint

Murray nailed the letter that Colo should have wrote mind, hope he posts it on twitter or something later.