Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

It stems from the general predicament of a football fan really, the idea that we should support our club through thick and thin. This is easily corrupted and confused when confronted with a situation where a club doesn't try. There's really not much of a precedent for it.

Especially for those people who don't follow the detail of the running of the club, it can easily seem like we're just going through a bad patch that the fans should endure.

Spot on. The amount of people who criticise our fans without realising this. We are breaking new ground here surely.

For all I think the whole situation and this cringe-worthy open letter is a shambles, I do agree with it's sentiment and I don't get why people would want us to get relegated. The team is going to need massive support in the home games to give us even a hope of staying up. They don't deserve it, Mike doesn't deserve the record tv money but absolutely no situation will be better if when we go down.

How will it be better is we stay up?

I guess my perspective is based entirely on hope rather than expectation but surely the likelihood for Ashley finding a buying for a club with a £250m personal debt owed to him will be far more likely if we're a Premier League club? Is it even possible anyone would be crazy enough to buy us in that situation if we're stuck in the Championship or potentially worse?

Does anyone really want to be watching us in the Championship also? It worked wonders for us last time and I enjoyed it but that was probably exclusively because we won almost every game. There's no guarantee we'd come back up first time or even how bad it could be for us if we go down.

We're already being widely ridiculed as a club from top to bottom, getting relegated is only going to make us look like bigger bellends for everyone to scoff at. For me if we stay up there's still hope things could be fixed, I don't see how going down would solve anything.

The debt is £250m? Since when? 

For all I think the whole situation and this cringe-worthy open letter is a shambles, I do agree with it's sentiment and I don't get why people would want us to get relegated. The team is going to need massive support in the home games to give us even a hope of staying up. They don't deserve it, Mike doesn't deserve the record tv money but absolutely no situation will be better if when we go down.

How will it be better is we stay up?

I guess my perspective is based entirely on hope rather than expectation but surely the likelihood for Ashley finding a buying for a club with a £250m personal debt owed to him will be far more likely if we're a Premier League club? Is it even possible anyone would be crazy enough to buy us in that situation if we're stuck in the Championship or potentially worse?

Does anyone really want to be watching us in the Championship also? It worked wonders for us last time and I enjoyed it but that was probably exclusively because we won almost every game. There's no guarantee we'd come back up first time or even how bad it could be for us if we go down.

We're already being widely ridiculed as a club from top to bottom, getting relegated is only going to make us look like bigger bellends for everyone to scoff at. For me if we stay up there's still hope things could be fixed, I don't see how going down would solve anything.

The debt is £250m? Since when? 

It's what the media say because they always include the purchase price.

Not once would it ever cross my mind to write anything remotely serious on anything other than a computer.

What the f*** do they take us for?

...and especially something that needs to be translated into English.

I am struggling to find any of this remotely funny

It's goddamn hilarious. No team has gone down with as much ridiculous bullshit surrounding them. We're shit on and off match day. Just an unfixable sewage pipe.