Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

As much as papers talk bollocks, it wouldn't surprise me. Was surprised when it looked like he was staying, as giving him a contract that would end with no resale value and while he's still able to command a good fee goes completely against the Ashley model. Liverpool are the kind of team who would over-pay for him as well. Decided against getting a Colo shirt even after that interview with him because I could see it happening even then. And, after all, it's been a while since Mike has done something fucking stupid.

This is the bit that most worries me. The optimism is building, of course it's time for Mike to fuck it all up.

contract offer is on the table. he's been on a canny whack since he signed so may be able to accept slight cut in salary - unless he wants a shot at champions league footy. no matter our current position, liverpool still more likely to finish 4th.

As much as papers talk bollocks, it wouldn't surprise me. Was surprised when it looked like he was staying, as giving him a contract that would end with no resale value and while he's still able to command a good fee goes completely against the Ashley model.

He was prepared to do the same with Barton & Nolan til things happened and laterly with Jonas/Ameobi. But yeah its completely against everything he has done.

Yeah, till 'things' happened. I imagine that if Colo goes, we'll offer him a contract and a thing will happen.

Jonas signing a new contract radically changes the dynamic imo. 

Things like Barton deciding to delay talks and Nolan wanting longer arent problems where Colo is concerned imo

I thought with Nolan it was basically that he wanted a longer/better contract than we were willing to give someone his age, so he went to a club that would give it to him?  I know there are often circumstances you can point to with outgoing players, but I think these can be somewhat rooted in how much desire we have to keep them.  I think if Barton had been younger we might have gone more out of our way to keep him sweet, for example, and have been more willing to put up with his indiscretions (as we had been in the past).  Jonas so far is the exception, and Colo is older and worth more.  Hope we keep him, but I can certainly see us letting him go without too much of a fight if the conditions are right.

The best hope we have of this not happening is that the Liverpool owners won't be keen to sanction a big money move for a 29 year old. Otherwise I have absolutely no doubt that King Kunny will be slavering like rabid dog at the prospect of taking Coloccini. Being an unimaginative sour faced prick, he's always relied on siphoning resources from former clubs. The cunt hasn't got a clue about player recruitment otherwise.

The best hope we have of this not happening is that the Liverpool owners won't be keen to sanction a big money move for a 29 year old. Otherwise I have absolutely no doubt that King Kunny will be slavering like rabid dog at the prospect of taking Coloccini. Being an unimaginative sour faced prick, he's always relied on siphoning resources from former clubs. The cunt hasn't got a clue about player recruitment otherwise.

He managed Villa, Ajax, Blackpool and Sunderland?

Guest icemanblue

This story initially came from caught offside. Caught Offside = Complete and Utter Bullshit that somehow gets picked up by the BBC Gossip Column. Nowt to worry about.

Yeah, except it didn't. Have a look at the Mirror link.

I have. The story was up on Caught Offside about 10 days ago. I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Caught Offside is a nothing blog that somehow gets picked up by the BBC Gossip column. Since then, a few others have written about it.

I don't think 'Nicko' has picked it up from there. That's what I was getting at. He has links with Liverpool's north east scout, according to Mark Douglas.

Hypothetically speaking, if he doesn't want to stay, don't let him join any of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

Not that we are realistic contenders for fourth, but helping one of those clubs cement a position there isn't our job.

If he won't sign but wants to stay in England, get on the phone to Citeh or Chelsea. I'd even take a lower fee than give him to Liverpool like Enrique.

Its great that we've got wages under control, but Coloccini deserves to be treated as an exception. Any replacement would cost a fortune, so I think we should pay him whatever it takes to keep him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I thought Coates was brought in to be Carragher's long term replacement?

I'm hoping they'll feel the pressure to have to start using Coates and won't go for Colo. :dontknow:

Does anyone really think that if Liverpool bid for the guy our board wouldn't accept?

Would be stupid if you didn't. I really dont look forward to Januari...by all logic means...something really awfull SHOULD be happening  :undecided:

In this NUFC season 11/12 wonderland we would be building on our squad but I'm afraid Ashley will fuck up again...

Douglas: I think Alan Pardew's response to the Colo to Liverpool link will endear him further to #NUFC fans... Quotes in Journal tomorrow morning!

"Why would Colo move to a team outside the top 4" or

The Scouse bastards can f*** right off!!

will do.

PARDEW - I'LL f*** ALL YOUR WIVES YOU SCOUSE c***s!

Apparently :dontknow:

Please be this. 'Kenny, I'll bum your daughter live on Sky News if you come anywhere near Colo'

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQD4WkxyyoY6aGRUFikEA03nJrP_4Y3oVyYVuNpVKg7-v6m0oGqlthLOGHCg