Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

The Gateshead fan I know hates Newcastle because of Dalglish, something about promising to play a friendly with Gateshead and at the last minute changing it to a reserve side, something like 10,000 fans wanted money back and it caused Gateshead great financial strife. Insert correct details if you know them in that flimsy anecdote.

SBR used to send much stronger outfits to non-league sides than under Gullit, where you were lucky if you got the reserves.

It's a bit different now with Gateshead being a full-time outfit, offers a higher level of opposition than part-timers.

I think it basically comes down to perception. Darlo being local and until recently a league club, where as Gateshead haven't been a league club since 1960. Whilst we've made great strides over the last few years, we not as yet done anything of smack the local public in the face to sit up and take notice of us. Hopefully this season.

Anyway, hopefully a big win for Newcastle tonight and a good season for both clubs either side of the Tyne

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Ryder.

Forster Simmo Willo S Taylor Ferguson Barton Guthrie Smith Vuckic Ben Arfa Best

Colo, Tiote, Enrique, Ba and Marveaux won't play today according to the papers.

Fraser

simpson, wllo, taylor, fergie

barton, guthrie, smith, lua lua

Arfa Daley

Best.

I got text this earlier this afternoon.

:thup: LuaLua heading off to Brighton and Vuckic coming in, you're otherwise right.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Ryder.

Forster Simmo Willo S Taylor Ferguson Barton Guthrie Smith Vuckic Ben Arfa Best

The Starforth

subs: Soderberg, Cabaye, R Taylor, Guthrie Wor Mate Abeid, Gosling, Ranger, Donaldson, Tavernier, Richardson, Sam Ameobi, Henderson, Dummett, Newton

Good to see Gosling, Dummett and Newton return from their knee injuries. Likewise Vuckic... and Henderson...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guthrie's doing well to be on the bench and on the pitch at the same time.

The Wilson reckons:

#NUFC subs: Soderberg, Cabaye, R Taylor, Gosling, Abeid, Ranger, Donaldson, Tavernier, Sam Ameobi, Richardson, Henderson, Dummett, Newton.

The Starforth will be removed from my twitter feed - inaccurate!