Our away support

Guest BooBoo

But we can still get friends with season tickets to buy tickets for us right?

This is what I do anyway as I live in London but still have family in Newcastle.  Shame for everyone else though and a bit of a knee-jerk overreaction I think.

Aye, others can get a ticket for you, but from now on S/T holders will have to be careful who they get tickets for, as now when there's bother, the person whos name that ticket is in can be held accountable. For someone who isn't a S/T holder and buys a ticket on general sale, apart from any criminal charges, they've nothing to lose by misbehaving as it stands.

Maybe membership should be free, but as some have already paid for this seasons, it's probably too late for that.

At the same time, it all seems harsh that once again innocent fans suffer for those stepping out of line.

This is what I do anyway as I live in London but still have family in Newcastle.  Shame for everyone else though and a bit of a knee-jerk overreaction I think.

Aye, others can get a ticket for you, but from now on S/T holders will have to be careful who they get tickets for, as now when there's bother, the person whos name that ticket is in can be held accountable. .

This has always been the case.

As a season ticket holder, this season, we have no choice but, to be a member as well.  This is tagged onto the season ticket fee... yes?

Do I get anything that tells me that I am a member, like a badge or something?

I did read that I can get the club news text to my mobile, team news etc.  I have had nothing from the club to tell me how to register for that feature or anything else that I can now access for being a member..

Anyone know?

Doesn't affect the majority of our away support.

Yeah, doesn't effect you but it'll have a impact on all of our London fans who will probably stop going to London away games now.

Also more and more games are going on general sale each season as more fans are starting to pack it on for good.  Don't blame them as well.

It's only £20 for crying out loud, if you are going to let that stop you from doing something you love to do then more fool you.

So why should someone going to 1 game pay another £20 just for the privilege to attend a football game.

Talking like a complete bigot.

Exactly. I have a friend in Sweden who makes one or two matches a season... Now he's going to have to be a member. It's the principle that is utterly wrong.

Football fans pay enough to get to games especially away games and having an add cost like this is a utter disgrace, especially at a time when people are struggling financially with high inflation at the moment.  It's just a long line of things which the club is doing to extact more money from fans.

Have to agree with that. Shelling out up to £48 or so for a single match ticket is disgraceful enough without ridiculous add-on's like that.

Essentially, in the next two weeks I'm going to have to pay £80 for the QPR match + travel.

Only planning on going to one game season?

Not at all, but its still a lot of money to shell out in one go.

Aye, others can get a ticket for you, but from now on S/T holders will have to be careful who they get tickets for, as now when there's bother, the person whos name that ticket is in can be held accountable. .

Granted, but that's my point. NUFC want every away ticket holder to be accountable for their behaviour. General sale ticket holders aren't, other than by any police action.

Granted, but that's my point. NUFC want every away ticket holder to be accountable for their behaviour. General sale ticket holders aren't, other than by any police action.

Neesy mentioned it before - you can do this, by creating a database on the cheap and having a record of all ticket buyers.  Daft that supporters are being charged £20 odd to sign up for the service.

Plenty were disgusted by the behaviour and lambasted those that claimed it was an "overreaction", wanting the club to take appropriate action.

The club have acted to try and stop the trouble. I can't see what else they could have done to try and keep control of the crowds and any trouble.

A shame for the foreign supporters but the solution is become a member, which is what I'd do if I wasn't a season ticket holder.

If you want someone to blame, blame the idiots that were fighting on Friday. It's their fault that the club have made this decision.

Plenty were disgusted by the behaviour and lambasted those that claimed it was an "overreaction", wanting the club to take appropriate action.

The club have acted to try and stop the trouble. I can't see what else they could have done to try and keep control of the crowds and any trouble.

A shame for the foreign supporters but the solution is become a member, which is what I'd do if I wasn't a season ticket holder.

If you want someone to blame, blame the idiots that were fighting on Friday. It's their fault that the club have made this decision.

Agree with Jonny.

The FA are investigating the Darlo carry on - that many people have aid was caused by kids who weren't usual matchgoers.  Maybe the club need to be seen to be doing something and making a statement pre-emptively to avoid a big fine or other sanctions.

Agree with Jonny.

It's a shame. But something had to be done. 

At the end of the day it's annoying, but £20 to see your team wouldn't stop me.

Some of the benefits seem okay too.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Fans/ToonArmyTwelfthMan

The same 'idiots' will become members...

Last season if I remember rightly it was £20 for a membership (or £25?) but you got £20 worth of vouchers back for match tickets so it worked out brilliant then if you want the chance to get tickets in advance. I dont know if they're still offering the £20 vouchers, if they are then its well worth it, its just the fact they are using this as an opportunity to make more money out of fans now.

Agree with Jonny.

Spot on. and as for Wraith trying to say that this decision has led to class based discrimination (or similar) - 25 quid is a drop in the ocean.

Colocho - these 'idiots' will be either banned from doing so, or will be easily identified and banned in future games. Problem solved.

And I agree on the club having do something. Introducing this, along with the quickly published statements at the weekend, means we're unlikely to face any heavy repercussions for Friday.

Plenty couldn't give a s*** what a few morons did on a Friday night in Darlington.

Would be nice if the club's "solution" didn't involve a £20 fee for those who fancy a match though. Not asking too much.

Well the football authorities clearly do care and their view is more important than 'plenty'.  It's 25 quid by the way

And the membership cost before this situation.

Itd be unfair to stop charging for membership and not financially viable to start refunding everyone who's already bought a membership this season.

Essentially, in the next two weeks I'm going to have to pay £80 for the QPR match + travel.

Only planning on going to one game season?

I was. And the fact is, I'll get round this by getting a ST holder to get my tickets, but any foreign types, or non NCL types now have to pay ANOTHER fee to go to the games.

A new £25 fee is annoying, especially on top of all the other random fees people have to pay when purchasing tickets nowadays... but yeah, it's not a huge issue. Well, until the next fee arrives of course, no doubt for some equally as tenuous reason.

I agree it's a bit of an issue for fans who only see one away game a year, but I'd imagine they are few and far between, and I'm sure they'll know someone who can get them a ticket.

Well I disagree with both points there.

I agree it's a bit of an issue for fans who only see one away game a year, but I'd imagine they are few and far between, and I'm sure they'll know someone who can get them a ticket.

Well I disagree with both points there.

He makes 3