Our away support

Guest BooBoo

Making the level 7 corner membership only last year hit ticket sales up there by roughly 10-20%, it will do the same to our away attendances.

If Membership was free and this was just to get everyone's name then fair enough, but it isn't!

As I read in true faith last month- our club 'memberships' are absolutely pathetic. All you get is cringe keyrings, stickers, pens etc with the only decent advantage being ticket priorities. Clubs like Sporting Lisbon, Barca etc would laugh their tits off at how amateur that sort of thing is. It's a complete money-making scam. That's the way English clubs operate though, give fans absolutely zero say in how the club is run.

Best commercial league in the world.

Making the level 7 corner membership only last year hit ticket sales up there by roughly 10-20%, it will do the same to our away attendances.

If Membership was free and this was just to get everyone's name then fair enough, but it isn't!

I certainly didn't notice a decrease. Any loss in support due to making it members only was negated by the fact we were back in the top flight. For many matches last season the corner was fuller than the year before.

The club has to do something, the FA are looking into what went on at Darlington and we may have just done enough to escape a fine.  The people to blame are those who ran onto the pitch, not the club.

Guest neesy111

The club has to do something, the FA are looking into what went on at Darlington and we may have just done enough to escape a fine.  The people to blame are those who ran onto the pitch, not the club.

If the club did genuinely wanted to do something they'd offer a free away membership (admin costs would be small), instead they've spun the whole thing into a money making opportunity for themselves.

If the club did genuinely wanted to do something they'd offer a free away membership (admin costs would be small), instead they've spun the whole thing into a money making opportunity for themselves.

Yup. Standard NUFC

Agree 100% with Neesy.

As someone who predominantly goes to away games, this is very disappointing news and strikes me as a transparent method to boost membership sales.

It's tough to support this club sometimes. :(

Hey, but at least the club is doing something to try to slow down the constantly decreasing matchday revenues. It beats increasing the club's income by charging the going rate for advertising space anyway.

As this action is being taken in response to a pre-season friendly which is closer in security terms to a reserve game than a competitive match, I wonder if this will apply to going to all reserve, friendly and testimonial games too?

Absolute pisstake this. I go to away games in a group of 8-10 lads who never, ever cause bother and have been going for about 10years (ish) since we were about 14. However, only 4 of us have season tickets now as some of the other lads have work/bairn commitments some weekends. Absolute joke to more or less punish innocent people for the mindless acts of some absolute Class A cunts last friday. Don't deserve it at all, there is times when you have to question the clubs thinking like, ffs.

Absolute pisstake this. I go to away games in a group of 8-10 lads who never, ever cause bother and have been going for about 10years (ish) since we were about 14. However, only 4 of us have season tickets now as some of the other lads have work/bairn commitments some weekends. Absolute joke to more or less punish innocent people for the mindless acts of some absolute Class A c***s last friday. Don't deserve it at all, there is times when you have to question the clubs thinking like, ffs.

:thup:

People can use my ticket to go to any games I'm not.  However act a clown and bring me any bother and I'll kick them to f***.

This is the worrying bit for me

"As such the buyer will be held accountable for any trouble associated with the purchase/use of a ticket"

pretty hard to prove as many tend not to sit in their allocated seat anyway so how could they prove someone had used a ticket bought in my name.

Well that's me finished with it all now. Season ticket holder for over 20 years up until 2009 when I couldn't afford to renew due to moving house and since then i've just bought tickets for (nearly every) home games match by match. If i'm not welcome at away games I won't be bothering to line his pockets by attending the home ones either and will copy of the Mackems and watch them in the pub.

He could have issued an away membership free of charge which would have been just as effective as a normal membership but yet again he's came up with another idea to exploit the paying supporter. No more for me now (well until he's gone anyway!)

Absolutely mental decision. How many 'away' games have we caused bother at in the last five years? Someone needs to find those bloody idiots who ran on the pitch and get them to cough up to £20 odd quid membership fees for every Newcastle fan who can only get to away games, because I'll be damned if I'll pay for their stupidity.

That Kane fella say on matters on the official Newcastle Facebook page:

Not being funny right , I was one of the lads who got arrested and I have no criminal record , I have never been involved in a pitch invasion ever in my life , and you's all have this opinion those who were caught up in the scuffles are violent yobs who deserve to be hung etc , I've had a season ticket for 14 years , been home and away with Newcastle pretty much EVERY weekend , and not once been in trouble. Don't judge someone unless you know someone , things like this happen and you can only face the consequences.

Whats his point?

I certainly didn't notice a decrease. Any loss in support due to making it members only was negated by the fact we were back in the top flight. For many matches last season the corner was fuller than the year before.

It was noticeable from where I was sitting (East Stand) looking up there, not the same numbers, at the beginning of every game a load of lads from the family enclosure would walk over and stand in that section.

The lesser games, particularly at the start of the season you could see empty seats that were never present the year before.

It was noticeable from where I was sitting (East Stand) looking up there, not the same numbers, at the beginning of every game a load of lads from the family enclosure would walk over and stand in that section.

The lesser games, particularly at the start of the season you could see empty seats that were never present the year before.

It was canny empty compared to previous seasons from where we sat...slap bang in the middle, ROW R, Seats 59 - 68.

Absolute pisstake this. I go to away games in a group of 8-10 lads who never, ever cause bother and have been going for about 10years (ish) since we were about 14. However, only 4 of us have season tickets now as some of the other lads have work/bairn commitments some weekends. Absolute joke to more or less punish innocent people for the mindless acts of some absolute Class A c***s last friday. Don't deserve it at all, there is times when you have to question the clubs thinking like, ffs.

Can the people who have membership / season tickets not buy more than one ticket?

This is normally dependent upon the game is it not? i.e. Man Utd, 1 per ST holder... Wigan... mandatory 12 per ST holder.

Good idea imo.

Not sure if you're taking the piss or not, but how can this in any way be described as a good idea? How is this be a better idea than giving out free away memberships when you prove your identity. I already have an internet log in which proves who I am, so they can already link me to seat that im at. They don't need to charge me £25 to do so!

Whatever way you look at it, this is an absolute disgrace. Far more of a disgrace than the 'Darlington night of shame' they call it.

Can the people who have membership / season tickets not buy more than one ticket?

I'm not sure to be honest, but didn't they start these 'friend group things' and that meant you could only buy one ticket as you were part of a 'friend group' anyway? Not sure to be honest, one of the lads I have a season ticket with sorts it. But the other 4 who don't normally just get them on General, if they have had away days took off them off the fucking stone island wannabe crew I wouldn't blame them for being extremely pissed off. I'm pissed off and I can still go, God knows how they feel.

Guest Heneage

Wow, just seen this. f***ing shocking.

Go to more away games than home but guess that fun's over. Club is ran by complete tools.

So you attribute no blame to the people that ran onto the pitch?

Wow, just seen this. f***ing shocking.

Go to more away games than home but guess that fun's over. Club is ran by complete tools.

So you attribute no blame to the people that ran onto the pitch?

The people who ran onto the pitch aren't to blame for this decision, only the people who made the decision. There were better ways to deal this.