NUFC 0 - 0 Fiorentina - 6/8/11 - game abandoned on 64mins due to heavy rain

Skirge

Training pictures lead me to believe the starting XI for this will be Krul, Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Gosling, Cabaye, Vuckic, Jonas, Best and Lovenkrands.

The opposition team looked like it included Forster, R. Taylor, Williamson, Tavernier, Sammy, Xisco, Smith, Marveaux, Shola, Ba and Ranger in some kind of bastardised formation.

Perch might have played in defence somewhere like, but he's not on any of the pictures. They'd then have used 12 players, of course, so hopefully there weren't any knocks to anyone.

Skills. :icon_salut:

They really need to sort that out like, as if I was working for an opposing Premiership team and part of my remit was to find out what the starting XI of the upcoming opponent was before the morning of the game I'd know exactly where to look. It was the same for many games last season as well, even when people started saying "you can't read anything into the bibs anymore".

You could, if you looked properly.

Does Flickr qualify as social media? :bluestar:

Training pictures lead me to believe the starting XI for this will be Krul, Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Gosling, Cabaye, Vuckic, Jonas, Best and Lovenkrands.

The opposition team looked like it included Forster, R. Taylor, Williamson, Tavernier, Sammy, Xisco, Smith, Marveaux, Shola, Ba and Ranger in some kind of bastardised formation.

Perch might have played in defence somewhere like, but he's not on any of the pictures. They'd then have used 12 players, of course, so hopefully there weren't any knocks to anyone.

Skills. :icon_salut:

They really need to sort that out like, as if I was working for an opposing Premiership team and part of my remit was to find out what the starting XI of the upcoming opponent was before the morning of the game I'd know exactly where to look. It was the same for many games last season as well, even when people started saying "you can't read anything into the bibs anymore".

You could, if you looked properly.

Does Flickr qualify as social media? :bluestar:

Exactly :lol:

So as things stand that's our best back five, probably half of our best midfield and half of our best (badumtish) strikeforce. Could be worse, I guess.

I'm sure Ameobi/Ba are currently first choice in Pardew's eyes, but I agree that Ba/Best would probably qualify as first-choice for many on here at this moment in time (myself included).

Really, if he can stay fit, it's Ba/Ben Arfa you want to see if we don't bring in another forward of quality.

Absolutely ridiculous how little game time Marveaux and Ba have had. Suspect our "sign frequently injured players because they're cheap" approach is going to play absolute havoc with our season.

This is the thing, we should do everything in our power to shift out all that dross(perch,xisco,smith) and not your barton's etc and then you free up squad places and wages for better cheaper alternatives

Not a bad side at all but I'll be disappointed if our forward line next Saturday is no better than Best and Lovenkrands.  Even Ba and Best would annoy me after the amount of time we've had to sign another forward but I suppose it's about getting someone in before September 1st now.

Is nobody else growing increasingly convinced that Harper is being phased out, by the way?

Or, alternatively, have I got it completely wrong and Pardew is so sure he's currently #1 that he doesn't need to be playing him?