NUFC 0 - 0 Fiorentina - 6/8/11 - game abandoned on 64mins due to heavy rain

Skirge

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110805/colo-on-fiorentina-test_2281670_2411419

Colo On Fiorentina Test

By Dan King - Newcastle United Communications Officer

New captain Fabricio Coloccini can't wait to run out at St. James' Park once again when Newcastle host Fiorentina in their first home game since the final day of last season.

And the cultured defender, who has played in Italy for AC Milan, believes La Viola will provide strong opposition and an entertaining game for the Toon Army.

They finished ninth in Serie A last term and, with the likes of Demba Ba, Yohan Cabaye and Sylvain Marveaux set to make their Gallowgate bow, Coloccini believes an exciting afternoon is in store on Saturday.

"It's good because it is the team presentation for the season," he told nufc.co.uk. "It will be a good game against a top team in Italy.

"They're a really good team. Like all Italian teams they are good tactically and they have a lot of good players so it'll be good for the fans to watch a good game."

The Fiorentina friendly is United's final match before they kick off their Barclays Premier League campaign against Arsenal the following weekend, and Coloccini and his team-mates already have half an eye on that fixture.

But he insists that Saturday's game is vital in terms of preparing for the Gunners game.

He said: "We're looking forward to it, but for now we're still trying to find our feet as a team and to get confident to look forward to playing Arsenal."

Guest dogbeak
"It's good because it is the team presentation for the season," he told nufc.co.uk. "It will be a good game against a top team in Italy.

"They're a really good team. Like all Italian teams they are good tactically and they have a lot of good players so it'll be good for the fans to watch a good game."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wjd99rvgYkY/SOeIu4JIyjI/AAAAAAAAAUk/cztC5obmDHQ/s400/jazz2.jpg

Guest BooBoo

Anyone going to this? Cant think of owt worse tbh.

:lol:

Tend to agree, twenty quid as well?! Be surprised if the crowd tops 10k.

Few gangs of charvas running up the aisles, players shouts echoing around the stadium. I'd be fed up within ten minutes. Aint been to a friendly in years.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wjd99rvgYkY/SOeIu4JIyjI/AAAAAAAAAUk/cztC5obmDHQ/s400/jazz2.jpg

Good one :)

Dear me.. Can't think of anything worse than watching your team play

:facepalm:

I was going to say that but I thought I'd get slammed. Well said.

It's a bit much £20 though. Otherwise I would quite fancy getting an early look at Ba,  Cabaye and Marveaux.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm not going like.

Instead I'm going to sit at my pc, and abuse our players on Twitter.  :thup:

Retweet to that bro