La Liga

Village Idiot

One of my mates has just mentioned something about Neymar to Barca being agreed?

No. Our board apparently met his agent in Japan though.

Anyway, there have been 12142354346545633 "done deals" in the press with either Madrid or Barcelona since the past summer. I stopped caring about any Neymar transfer news.

Has Simeone done well as a manager in Argentina? Otherwise looks like a populist signing that will appease the fans but probably will end up in tears.

Very up and down. Can't speak for back in the day but his Racing team this season has been so defensive it's untrue. Scored less than a goal a game with arguably the 2 best attackers in the league. Came 2nd though altho the league was a lesson in mediocrity in the Apertura.

One of my mates has just mentioned something about Neymar to Barca being agreed?

No. Our board apparently met his agent in Japan though.

Anyway, there have been 12142354346545633 "done deals" in the press with either Madrid or Barcelona since the past summer. I stopped caring about any Neymar transfer news.

Im really hoping he goes to you guys. Fuck , I love Barcas way of playing and their humble guys (everyone bar Cesc who is quite a cunt, Sergio and Dani are divers sure, but like them anyways). Neymar - Messi - Sanchez/Pedro would cause havoc in this world.  Neymar is also looking more likely landing in Barca than Real.  But I expect him to give another go at the Libertadores and then FIFA CWC. Maybe January of next year, not now though. 

Has Simeone done well as a manager in Argentina? Otherwise looks like a populist signing that will appease the fans but probably will end up in tears.

Very up and down. Can't speak for back in the day but his Racing team this season has been so defensive it's untrue. Scored less than a goal a game with arguably the 2 best attackers in the league. Came 2nd though altho the league was a lesson in mediocrity in the Apertura.

Just checked his wiki, seems to have done reasonably well but 6 teams in 5 years? Ridiculous :lol:

I think I remember reading he is very good initially and then his teams fade rapidly, this happened at River (won league, came bottom the next short season). Saying that South American clubs aren't renowned for their managerial longevity.

Am I right in thinking all 3 of those teams are in the shit, just the former and latter are more "surprising" because they're big-name teams?

Has Roig fucked off from those peksy Yelllow Submarines yet or am I 2 years too late? Didn't he bankroll them for years (still is)?

Am I right in thinking all 3 of those teams are in the s***, just the former and latter are more "surprising" because they're big-name teams?

Has Roig f***ed off from those peksy Yelllow Submarines yet or am I 2 years too late? Didn't he bankroll them for years (still is)?

Yes, all those 3 are pretty in the shit. Still surprising results, they all lost at home!

Roig is still at Villarreal. He's been trying to balance the numbers these past seasons (which has meant sales every season, although until now they had coped quite well).

Spoke to soon, Real Madrid-Málaga and FC Barcelona - Osasuna, setting up a potential quarter final Clásico the 18th and 25th of February.

Rest of the draw:

Valencia - Sevilla

Real Sociedad  - Mallorca

Córdoba - Espanyol

Alcorcón - Levante

Albacete - Athletic

Mirandés - Racing

Madrid have been linked to a Brazilian RB, Mario Fernandes. It's true that they have a bit of a hole there with Ramos becoming a starter at CB, so it makes sense.

There won't be business from our part bar really major surprise. Elsewhere, Simeone tried to stop the Reyes sale to Sevilla but apparently the player is dead-set on going so it should happen soon.

Good move that for Reyes: A case of what could have been: Shame Sevilla never built after Ramos left: some of their signings were a bit iffy: Shame we never got a chance to see that double winning UEFA team really push for the league