Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

From Gervinho to Obertan, underwhelmed to say the least. Would actually prefer us signing a player that can score especially since we already got Jonas. Are people asuming he'll be a first team player?

I can´t see him starting if everyone is fit

Ba

Marveux        Arfa       Jonas/Barton

Any mention of a fee yet? ???

RMC reckon 3-4m euros.

Christ.

Never mind, at least the 'I told you we'd sign someone else before the window closed' crew can say they were right. :undecided:

From Gervinho to Obertan, underwhelmed to say the least. Would actually prefer us signing a player that can score especially since we already got Jonas. Are people asuming he'll be a first team player?

Ba

Marveux        Arfa      Jonas/Barton

Good point; some are saying he just needs a consistent run of games and he'll blossom. Who will he replace in our starting line-up?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ba

Marveux        Arfa      Jonas/Barton

Won't be in the first team. Bench?

He's replacing Routledge.

He's replacing Barnetta as far as I'm concerned. I hope he does well but we've had enough pacey headless chickens down the years to know by now that it rarely works.

He's replacing Barnetta as far as I'm concerned. I hope he does well but we've had enough pacey headless chickens down the years to know by now that it rarely works.

Saying players are replacing people we haven't signed is taking logic to a whole other place like.

More to the point, if we were going to sell Routledge why are we also trying to flog Kazenga if this is the fucking alternative? Who here would rather paying cash for Obertan than take a chance on Lua Lua?

I said that in the other transfer thread when we were first linked. It just seems senseless.

Saying players are replacing people we haven't signed is taking logic to a whole other place like.

It's not really though is it? I said the same about Zog when we signed Marveaux.

Guest Spark

I see him as more of a Taarabt replacement, personally.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Think he'll be sub and we'll play:

Ba

Jonas            Arfa          Marveux/Barton

If he is sub, then I don't think it's a bad buy. Would probably get in to most Prem teams too from what I've seen (granted that's not enough to have a solid opinion). Also find it funny that people are complaining that our squad is too thin and then kick off when we attempt to sign someone.

It's not really though is it? I said the same about Zog when we signed Marveaux.

In a way I guess. He have had to be our back up option if Barnetta wasn't willing to lower his wages. Last resort buy. Horrible.

I see him as more of a Taarabt replacement, personally.

Definitely brought in to replace Kuyt

Just did a bit of youtubing - fucking hell he looks like Thierry Henry when he's not in front of goal. The lad has serious talent, although from what people are saying a brain the size of a pea.