Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I have no idea if he will be considered first choice straight away, you would imagine so but i wouldn't drop Jonas for him.

If Obertan jumps ahead of Jonas in terms of starting, Pardew has lost the plot. Comparing Obertan to Routledge is fair enough, but not to Jonas. :lol:

:no:

:snod:

:nope:

We could do this all day :)  I just think you probably overate Routledge, how many times have you seen him play in the Premier League?

About five or six times I suppose. Matter of opinion until he starts a few games consecutively for you. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I'm just convinced it will be horrible.

I don't dislike him or anything. If he does well, fair play to the lad. I think I've to drink my own piss as well.

Did you make a bet on here like?

Just said it on the whim somewhere on this thread. Not sure if someone picked up on it.

Nailed on last minute winner this season from him at SD.com@SJP*

:troll:

Last minute winner at the prawn sandwich stadium :D

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Then where does Marveaux fit in? On the right, or Jonas on the left?

Fuck it, i don't have a clue what Pardew is going to do.

Jonas Cabaye Tiote Marveaux

I'm just guessing he'll put Jonas wide right since he did when Marveaux played in pre season. :lol:

Then where does Marveaux fit in? On the right, or Jonas on the left?

Fuck it, i don't have a clue what Pardew is going to do.

Jonas Cabaye Tiote Marveaux

I'm just guessing he'll put Jonas wide right since he did when Marveaux played in pre season. :lol:

As long as we never see Lovenkrands on the wing.

Hes not going to leave Man Utd to warm the bench for us,he'll start.

Not sure about that, he will be going from 7 games a season to a lot more, even if he isn't a regular first teamer.

Hes not going to leave Man Utd to warm the bench for us,he'll start.

Not sure about that, he will be going from 7 games a season to a lot more, even if he isn't a regular first teamer.

:nods:

But really when the team sheet comes in, I expect Obertan to be on the bench pretty much everytime (provided that Barton stays).

Not getting any players in is an immediate concern for all. Not buying the right players is a problem for later in the season or possibly next. I'd be totally worried if anyone thought our squad was big enough. Whereas I'm happy to give any manager some time to bring his squad together. Would I have chosen Oberton? Probably not. But as a supporter I have to give him a chance and hope Pardew and gang get more right than wrong. Also for £3m it doesn't seem the worst gamble in the world.

Can play on either wing or off the striker can't he? Good cover for a few suspect areas. Useful peanut headed squad player.